Engineered for Open Cloud, Oracle VM continues to be enhanced with new features and product functionality.
At Oracle OpenWorld 2016, we are pleased to announce the latest Oracle VM 3.4.2 release.
Some of the key new features that have been delivered include:
- Oracle VM Manager support for previous Oracle VM Server releases;
- Manage Oracle VM Server for x86 - 3.4.x, 3.3.x or 3.2.10/11 releases
- Manage Oracle VM Server for SPARC - Agent 3.4.x or 3.3.x releases
- Support for NVM Express (NVMe) devices:
- Discover NVMe devices and present them to Oracle VM Manager
- NVMe devices can be used to store virtual machine disks or create storage repositories
- Extended SCSI functionality available for virtual machines
- Linux guests can now retrieve vital product data (VPD) page 0x84 information from physical disks if the device itself makes it available.
- The management domain (dom0) kernel upgraded to Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 4 Update 2 (4.1.12-61.1.9)
- The Xen hypervisor performance and scalability updates:
- Improved memory allocation
- Improved aggregate performance
- Improved performance for Windows, Solaris and Linux guests
- Improved workload performance
- Guest disk I/O performance improvements
- Oracle VM Manager performance enhancements – improved performance under heavy event load
- Oracle VM Manager Rule for Live Migration – blocks unsupported Live Migration paths
- Hot memory modification for HVM guests with para-virtualized I/O drivers (PVHVM) - modify the memory allocated to running PVM guests as well as PVHVM guests without a reboot.
- Package additions and updates
- Security updates for the embedded components of Oracle VM Server and Oracle VM Manager.
You can review the Oracle VM Release Note for 3.4.2 to see the full summary of the new features and functionality. To download the software, see the instructions on the Oracle VM OTN page.
- Oracle VM Server ISO, search patch ID 22902487
- Oracle VM Manager Install/Upgrade ISO, search patch ID 22902502
- Oracle VM Agent for SPARC, search patch ID 22902518
For more information, read Oracle VM documentation.