Oracle Solaris Remote Lab
(part of Oracle's Exastack Remote Labs) provides independent software vendors access to Oracle Solaris 11 11/11 environments (SPARC and x86) for validating their applications. The lab provides a simple and straight forward cloud interface for configuring an application test environment. It extensively leverages Oracle technologies, meets Oracle's stringent security requirements and is available to Oracle Partner Network members at the gold level and above.
The Oracle Solaris Remote Lab leverages Oracle Secure Global Desktop to address many requirements.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop (coupled with Oracle Secure Global Desktop's Secure Gateway) provides access to Solaris desktops and terminal sessions from a variety of client devices and from anywhere in the world, allowing excellent performance even over high-latency WAN links.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop (using the Client Drive Mapping or CDM feature) provides the ability to transfer files from user's local computers to the secure storage assigned to them within the Oracle Solaris Remote Lab
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop is used to secure each independent software vendor's data and desktop access. The lab implements a separate Oracle Secure Global Desktop server per partner which is isolated on a separate VLAN, allowing for a multi-tenant setup.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop's web services API allows for seamless integration of functionality within Oracle Solaris Remote Labs' portal, resulting in a coherent user experience for independent software vendors.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop's Secure Gateway allows independent software vendors access to their resources using only a single point of entry into the network.The role of this gateway is to direct each user's network traffic to the correct VLAN and, thus, to the correct VMs.