More and more customers turn to Oracle VM 3 to virtualize their enterprise applications. Oracle VM support subscription is an integrated part of their successes. Customers enjoy the benefit of the industry-leading global support 24x7 for their server virtualization implementation, and receive access to patches, fixes, and updates via Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN). For customers running Oracle systems, Oracle VM support is included in Oracle Premium Support for Systems at no extra cost, and customers receive comprehensive systems coverage that includes single point accountability
for Oracle server and storage hardware; integrated software (for
example, firmware); and operating system software (Oracle Solaris,
Oracle Linux, and Oracle VM).
To run a successful virtualization infrastructure, it's important to keep Oracle VM 3 environment up to date by leveraging Oracle VM support resources.
- Oracle VM Server Updates: You can easily upgrade Oracle VM Server using a Yum repository. You can
download the latest server patch updates from ULN. To receive notification on the software update delivered to Oracle ULN for Oracle VM, you can sign up here.
For information on setting up an Oracle VM Server Yum repository
using Oracle VM Manager to perform the upgrade of Oracle VM
and Upgrading Oracle VM Servers in theOracle VM User's Guide
- Oracle VM Manager Updates: Get the download instructions at OTN, and apply latest Oracle VM Manager patch. Be sure to review the patch README before you apply the patches.
- Support customers have access to extremely valuable knowledge notes from My Oracle Support. They are the first to receive useful tips to help address issues in Oracle VM deployments. For example,
- Upgrade to Oracle VM 3.1.1 using Yum Repository may
cause network configuration scripts to be renamed causing network
failure after reboot (Doc ID 1464126.1)
- Oracle VM server reboots after network becomes unresponsive due to deep C-State power management setting (Doc ID 1440197.1)
For more information about Oracle's virtualization, visit oracle.com/virtualization