Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1.0 is now available!
By Simon Coter-Oracle on Jul 12, 2016
To enable organizations and developers to more easily and flexibly create and deploy
A key tool for developers and users creating
With thousands of downloads for each day, Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 continues to remain the best virtualization solution available for standard desktop and laptop computers and, at the same time, addresses the challenges to enable the use of a wide range of virtual machine environments and operating system with emulation of latest technologies available, improved performance and increased integration.
The 5.1 release supports the latest guest or host operating systems
- Improved Performance: Significantly improved performance for multi-CPU virtual machines and networking.
- Bug Reporting Tool: New utility able to collect all the information and logs related to the host and guest operating system, for debug or analysis purposes.
- Improved Logging Window: New logging functionalities to highlight and filter information related to guest Virtual Machines.
- Improved multimedia availability: Improved support for different USB devices and multi-channel audio availability.
- Flash storage emulation: New NVMHCI storage controller emulation available, able to emulate NVME devices - Flash storage - on guest Virtual Machine.
- Improved Linux integration: Automatic modules deployment in case of a Linux Kernel upgrade and improved
systemdintegration for the latest releases of popular Linux distributions.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 is free of charge for personal and evaluation purposes.
- Download it here and see all the details/fixes/enhancements here.
- Commercial licenses for Oracle VM VirtualBox can be found here.
- Oracle Virtualization
- Connect with Oracle VM VirtualBox via