ANNOUNCEMENT: Oracle VM 3 Templates Available for Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.62
By Mohan Prabhala on Jun 22, 2012
This means drastically reducing the evaluation and deployment time for Oracle Secure Global Desktop when leveraging Oracle VM 3. Feel free to give it a try!
Login into the Oracle VM section at Oracle Software Delivery Cloud (click on 'Cloud Portal (Main)' at the top-right) and:
- Under Oracle VM templates - x86 64-bit, look for
- Oracle VM 3 Template (OVF) for Oracle Secure Global Desktop Media Pack for x86_64 (64 bit)
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.62 template for x86_64 (64 bit) with Oracle Linux 5.7
- Oracle VM 3 Template (OVF) for Oracle Secure Global Desktop Media Pack for x86 (32 bit)
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.62 template for x86 (32 bit) with Oracle Linux 5.7
Download any of the above templates. Once you are done, you must
- First import the assembly (ova) file that you downloaded from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
- Next, create a virtual machine template from the assembly
- And finally create a virtual machine from the template.
Once the virtual machine is created and starts up, make sure you enter the networking parameters (hostname, IP address, netmask, gateway etc), and optional user parameters correctly. You must also enter a root password during first boot. And that's it - the Oracle Secure Global Desktop install script will automatically pick up the networking parameters, prompt for confirmation and complete a default installation.
Once the installation is complete, you may want to refer to the Oracle Secure Global Desktop Administration Guide to learn more about Oracle Secure Global Desktop and its capabilities.