Friday Tips #7, Part 1
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Dec 21, 2012
Welcome to Friday Tips #7, part 1. This tip is focused on server virtualization and part 2 will be focused on desktop.
Last week, we shared a tip on how to update the Oracle VM Servers, which begged the question of how to update the OVM Manager itself:
How do I update OVM Manager?
Here are the steps to update the OVM Manager itself:
- Login to myoraclesupport site
- Click on the ‘Patches & Updates’ tab
- Click on ‘Product or Family’ on the Search Tab, select Oracle VM and then Oracle VM 3.0 (like below) and hit Search:
- Look through the list and select the appropriate patch - click on the link to the left to download the ISO (will save as a zip)
- Then mount the ISO and run the updater (“ovmm-update” is the ISO in the example below)
Ideally, you would update the OVM Manager first and then the servers. Make sure to backup prior to updating as there is currently no revert function.