Friday Spotlight - October 11, 2013
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Oct 11, 2013
Happy Friday, folks!
Our spotlight this week might be a little confusing because it seems to be focused on Oracle Linux. But Oracle Linux and Oracle Virtualization go hand in hand to help create a solid platform for deploying Oracle Database. The webcast below will feature not just Oracle Linux content, but Oracle VM will come up prominently as well. I highly recommend you join, there will be a bunch of fantastic information for you.
Why Choose Oracle Linux for your Oracle Database 12c Deployments
Date and Time:
Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 10:00 AM PDT
Sumanta Chatterjee, Vice President, Database Engineering, Oracle
Monica Kumar, Senior Director Product Marketing, Oracle
Oracle Database on Oracle Linux helps customers lower IT costs while delivering high quality of service. With Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Linux, customers benefit from the joint development and testing resulting in optimized features, better stability and higher performance to enable the next generation of enterprise applications.
In this webcast, Oracle experts will cover:
- Advantages of choosing Oracle Linux for Oracle Database
- Key optimizations and features such as Database Smart Flash Cache, data integrity, and Cgroups that make Oracle Linux the best performing and most reliable Linux for deploying Oracle Database
- Tools to simplify and speed deployment of Oracle Database on Linux, including Oracle VM Templates, Oracle Validated Configurations, and pre-install RPM
- Integrated database and operating system management with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Real-life customer examples
Don’t miss this informative session. Register now.