Announcing the latest update to Oracle VM Server for x86 2.2 Release
By Honglin Su-Oracle on Jun 20, 2011
More and more customers have discovered that Oracle delivers more value with Oracle VM compared with other server virtualization solutions, and we've seen the momentum that customers succeed with Oracle VM and leading partners support Oracle VM.
Recently, Oracle VM server for x86 with Windows PV Drivers passed Microsoft SVVP requirements for Windows servers, which provides customers more confidence to deploy Microsoft Windows guest OS onto Oracle VM server for x86.
Today I'm pleased to announce the Oracle VM server for x86 2.2.2 release. See the new features introduced in the 2.2.2 release.
- Expand the guest OS support to include Oracle Linux 6.x and
Oracle Solaris 11 Express OS. For a complete list of guest OS support,
please refer to the Oracle VM server x86 release note.
- The VMPInfo system information and cluster troubleshooting utility is provided with this release. Additional information on VMPInfo is also available in the following My Oracle Support Notes:
1263293.1 Post-installation check list for new Oracle VM Server
- 1290587.1 Performing Site Reviews and Cluster Troubleshooting with VMPInfo
- A new storage repository option to provide NFS mount options when creating a storage repository. For more information on this new parameter, see Oracle VM Server User Guide "Adding a Storage Repository".
- Updated OCFS2 cluster file system, libdhcp, device drivers. See details and additional enhancements at Oracle VM Server User Guide: New Features in Release 2.2.2.
The Oracle VM Server for x86 ISO image is available for download at Oracle's E-Delivery site. If you've subscribed to Oracle's Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN), you can simply run up2date command to update the server. Please refer to Oracle VM Upgrade Guide: Upgrading Oracle VM Server. There's no change to Oracle VM Manager, which remains at 2.2.0 with the patch 2.2-16.
If you have any questions about Oracle VM Server for x86, you may post your questions at OTN discussion forum; or purchase support for Oracle Unbreakable Linux and Oracle VM. For Oracle's x86 systems, Oracle VM support as well Oracle Linux and Oracle Solaris support are included in the Oracle Premier Support for Systems.For more information about Oracle's virtualization, visit oracle.com/virtualization.