ANNOUNCEMENT: Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 Released!
By Mohan Prabhala on Aug 16, 2012
- Rich User Experiences: With Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7, users can run multiple applications on different physical monitors attached to their client device. This increases productivity for users in organizations such as call centers, financial institutions etc. Also with this release, improved performance for 3-D applications utilizing OpenGL 1.3 graphics extensions is supported. The above capabilities are achieved due to incorporating a new protocol engine, based on the X.org foundation X Server release X11R7.6. In addition, Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 now supports audio-input capability for server-hosted Windows applications. This allows use of conferencing, training etc applications with Oracle Secure Global Desktop.
- Enhanced Security: With Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7, connections to the server are made secure by default, during installation. This ensures optimal out-of-the-box security, eliminating the need for additional post installation tasks by the administrator and ensuring consistency for large enterprise deployments. Secure mode installation also enables connections between the Oracle Secure Global Desktop servers in an array to be encrypted. For more information, please refer to the Oracle Secure Global Desktop Security Guide for Release 4.7.
- Faster Deployment: With Oracle VM 3 templates, anyone using Oracle VM 3 need not download, install and configure the supported operating system and the Oracle product(s) individually. A new Oracle VM 3 template that includes Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 and Oracle Linux 5.8 can easily be imported and cloned from as a virtual machine within Oracle VM 3. This results in a nearly instant deployment and configuration of Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7.
- Supported for Latest Platforms: With Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7, support for the latest internet browsers including Internet Explorer 9, Chrome and the latest Firefox ESR has been added. In addition, Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 servers can now be installed and are supported on Oracle Linux 6 and Solaris 11 operating systems.
- Exceptional application responsiveness: Exalogic is hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance for Java applications, Oracle Applications, and all other enterprise applications. Oracle Secure Global Desktop can run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to provide secure remote access directly to Oracle Applications co-resident in Exalogic for an exceptionally responsive user experience. The following video from Oracle product management provides more details.
For more details regarding Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7, please refer to the Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 documentation.