Friday Aug 16, 2013
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Aug 16, 2013
Happy Friday, everyone!
As you might have heard, we introduced Oracle's latest engineered system, the Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance this week. If you've been reading the blog over the last few days, you've seen quite a bit of information about it. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend Adam Hawley's post where he discusses it from the product management viewpoint.
Even with all this information, there is still a lot more to know. That's why I wanted to point you to the Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance Frequently Asked Questions document, which contains even more info. For instance:
- What is Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance?
- What are the components of the Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance (hint: it includes Oracle VM!)?
- Can Oracle VM templates be used with Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance (short answer: Yes!)?
- Which guest operating systems are supported?
- What are the hardware specifications of the nodes?
- And much more
Head on over to the Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance FAQ document to learn the answers to these and many more questions.
See you next week!
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Friday Spotlight: Pre-requisites for Oracle Private Cloud Appliance Training
- Friday Spotlight: Virtual I/O with Performance and Flexibility
- Complete Lifecycle Compute Stack Virtualization
- You are Invited: Oracle VM Test Drive Workshop on Cisco UCS , NY/NY, Nov 19
- Friday Spotlight: Three assets to captivate your audience for Private Cloud Appliance
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0.10 Released!
- Oracle VM 3.2.10 Released
- Friday Spotlight: SPARC T7 and M7 with Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.3
- Wanted - Technical Writer for Oracle Linux and Virtualization team
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Re-cap of OpenWorld 2015 for Oracle Linux, Virtualization and OpenStack for Oracle Linux