Friday Oct 26, 2012
Monday Oct 22, 2012
Sunday Oct 21, 2012
By Honglin Su-Oracle on Oct 21, 2012
- Download Oracle VM Manager 3.1.1 Patch Update from My Oracle Support, patch ID 14227416
- Download Oracle VM Server 3.1.1 ISO Update from My Oracle Support, patch ID 14775391.
- Download Oracle VM Server Update from Oracle Unbreakable Linux Network and Oracle's Public Yum Repository
Please be sure to read the README files of the above patches. Customers are recommended to schedule a maintenance window and apply the above patch updates to their Oracle VM 3.1.1 environment.
To receive notification on the software update delivered to Oracle Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN, http://linux.oracle.com) for Oracle VM, you can sign up here http://oss.oracle.com/mailman/listinfo/oraclevm-errata.
For more information about Oracle's virtualization, visit oracle.com/virtualization.
Thursday Oct 18, 2012
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Oct 18, 2012
We have a couple of interesting server virtualization webcasts coming up that you might be interested in. Have a look:
Webcast 1: October 23rd, 9 am PST
Report Shows Oracle VM Up to 10x Faster than VMware vSphere 5 in Time to Deployment
Time is your IT department’s greatest commodity. So when a new report reveals that your IT staff can deploy Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) up to 10 times faster than a traditional install performed with VMware vSphere 5, it’s newsworthy. Join us in this live webcast to learn how you can realize your time savings.
Monday Oct 15, 2012
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Oct 15, 2012
At shows like Oracle OpenWorld, we like to catch up with the session speakers and other experts with short video clips that we post on our YouTube channel. For Oracle OpenWorld 2012, we put together this handy playlist of server and desktop virtualization related videos:
We were also able to catch up with a few Oracle Linux partners at the Oracle Linux Pavillion. You can find those videos here:
And if you'd like to look at the slides for any of our virtualization presentations or any other Oracle OpenWorld session, have a look at the Oracle OpenWorld 2012 content catalog. There's a lot of great information there!
Monday Oct 08, 2012
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Oct 08, 2012
The Oracle virtualization team is back from a very successful Oracle OpenWorld! Hopefully you were able to come to the show and talk with our virtualization experts at the demo booths or in our sessions. But if you didn't, you can get a summary of what we talked about from a number of short videos. In this post, we're going to highlight the Oracle OpenWorld Live videos, and in a future post we'll cover the videos we shot ourselves (once we get them all posted!).
If you missed it, Oracle OpenWorld Live carried keynotes and interviews with all kinds of folks during the show. They also archived these segments so you can watch them at your leisure. I've gone through the videos and selected some that highlight virtualization:
- Edward Screven on mission critical clouds.
- Wim Coekaerts talks virtualization.
- Rex Wang on Oracle Cloud.
- Ronen Kofman on Oracle VM Templates.
- Chris Kawalek on Oracle's desktop virtualization software.
- Chris Kawalek discusses Oracle Sun Ray Clients.
If we missed you this year, we hope to see you at OpenWorld 2013!
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM Hierarchy Viewer
- Oracle VM 3.4.1 released to Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
- Friday Spotlight: Integrating Oracle VM with Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux
- Satisfied Students of Oracle VM Administration Training
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM 3.4 Solutions with Command Line Interface
- Friday Spotlight: New whitepaper "Optimizing Oracle VM Server for x86 Performance"
- Friday Spotlight: Learn About Choice of OSes in Oracle Private Cloud Appliance Training
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0.20 now available for download!
- LIVE WEBINARS: Foundations for Cloud and Performance Optimizations for IaaS
- Friday Spotlight: Patch Set Updates (PSUs) for Oracle Secure Global Desktop