Today it marks the anniversary of the release of Logical Domains. We've seen thousands of customers across many industries who are evaluating Logical Domains, some have deployed LDoms into their data centers to achieve higher system utilization within such a short period of time.
Just to name a few:
- Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC): "For the portal phase of the project, ICBC is deploying the Sun software on Sun Fire T2000 servers with the Solaris 10 Operating System. The company is using Logical Domains (LDoms) to further increase server utilization, by running multiple copies of the operating system simultaneously."
- Primus Canada: "Now in full production, the Primus team has proven the Logical Domains layout, become familiar with the T2000 server and is taking steps to consolidate the four platforms running VoIP onto virtual machines"
- Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium (CTDLC): "The multi-threaded processors are ideal for juggling thousands of users on Blackboard’s Web tier, while their Logical Domains (LDoms) capacity and the Containers feature of the Solaris 10 Operating System support the swift, easy creation of new virtual servers. CTDLC can now offer firm SLA contracts to its customers by combining new technologies with greater monitoring capabilities, as well as near real-time provisioning."
- DigiTar: "At DigiTar, using Logical Domains and the Solaris 10 Operating System opens up new possibilities for consolidating mission-critical systems.... Because Logical Domains do not share operating system instances, we can further leverage power-saving Niagara-platforms to consolidate diverse database applications without the risk of a single operating system flaw disrupting our 24x7 operations. Only Solaris 10 offers us the flexibility to alternate between lightweight and regimented virtualization technologies as our needs dictate."
- Moodlerooms: "In addition to delivering high performance, the compact Sun Fire T2000 servers with CoolThreads technology enabled the company to run an energy-efficient datacenter with a near-zero-carbon footprint. Server virtualization and partitioning with Solaris Containers and Logical Domains (LDoms) technology also helped consolidate hardware and and strengthened data control and security."