Friday Nov 20, 2015
Tuesday Nov 17, 2015
By Antoinette O'Sullivan-Oracle on Nov 17, 2015
Using the Oracle VM application-driven architecture is different from using traditional virtualization. Built with the application stack and manageability in mind, Oracle VM offers a complete lifecycle compute stack virtualization.
The Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration course will help you consolidate the server foot print, while you learn to deploy or consolidate application workloads to a virtualized environment or migrate to a private cloud.
You can take this course through the following formats:
- Training-on-Demand: Start training straight away, following lecture delivery at your own pace through streaming video and booking time to do hands-on exercises when suits your schedule.
- Live-Virtual Event: Attend a live event from your own desk - no travel required. Choose from a selection of events on the schedule to suit different time-zones including the 2, 7, and 20 of December 2015, the 7, 20 and 26 of January, the 10, 16, and 22 of February, the 2, 18 and 29 of March, the 20 and 26 of April, and the 10 and 25 of May 2016.
- In-Class Event: Travel to an education center to attend an event. Below is a selection of the in-class events already on the schedule.
|Location||Date|| Delivery Language
| Melbourne, Australia
||30 March 2016||English|
| Sydney, Australia
||27 January 2016||English|
| Montreal, Canada
||19 January 2016||English|
| Ontario, Canada
||19 January 2016||English|
| Toronto, Canada
||19 January 2016||English|
| Quito, Ecuador
||24 November 2015||Spanish|
| Cairo, Egypt
||17 May 2016||English|
| London, England
||11 January 2016||English|
| Reading, England
||21 March 2016||English|
| Lille, France
||3 February 2016||French|
| Lyon, France
||15 March 2016||French|
| Nantes, France
||11 January 2016||French|
| Toulouse, France
||20 March 2016||French|
| Frankfurt, Germany
||30 November 2015||German|
| Munich, Germany
||29 February 2016||German|
| Stuttgart, Germany
||2 May 2016||German|
| Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
||2 May 2016||English|
| Utrecht, Netherlands
||4 May 2016||English|
| Wellington, New Zealand
||3 December 2016||English|
| Ljubljana, Slovenia
||25 May 2016||Slovenian|
| Kista, Sweden
||18 April 2016||English|
| Bangkok, Thailand
||18 January 2016||English|
| Phoenix, AZ, United States
||16 February 2016||English|
| Sacramento, CA, United States
||16 February 2016||English|
| San Francisco, CA, United States
||16 February 2016||English|
| San Jose, CA, United States
||16 February 2016||English|
| Roseville, MN, United States
||28 December 2015||English|
| Edison, NJ, United States
||19 January 2016||English|
|Columbus, Ohio, United States||28 December 2015||English|
|King of Prussia, PA, United States||19 January 2016||English|
To continue learning about Oracle VM, consider taking the Oracle VM Server for x86: Implementation and Oracle VM Server for SPARC: Installation and Configuration courses.
To register for an event or to learn more about Oracle's virtualization curriculum, go to http://education.oracle.com/virtualization.
Monday Nov 16, 2015
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Nov 16, 2015
Oracle VM Test Drive Workshop on Cisco UCS
Date: November 19, 2015
Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
One Penn Plaza
9th Floor, Yankee Stadium CR
New York, NY 10119
Friday Nov 13, 2015
By Haiduong Vo-Oracle on Nov 13, 2015
Ah, it’s Friday morning. You’re looking forward to the weekend playing golf at the spectacular Pebble Beach Golf Links in California. Reading through your emails, you see a message from your boss reminding you of your presentation to the CIO and VP of Infrastructure at 1 pm today. At this important meeting, you need to present your findings from your search for the Cloud-in-a-box at Oracle OpenWorld to help the CIO and VP narrow their choices for a private cloud solution.
With the help of the Hero 6 team, you got the answers to all your questions. This presentation will be a breeze with the assets you found. First, you’ll use the Infographic to explain why your executives should consider Oracle Private Cloud Appliance for their private cloud solution:
- Your customers are asking your company to deliver an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
- Your organization needs a private cloud platform for Windows applications and Linux applications.
- Your organization is using Oracle Database, E-Business Suite, Flexcube, JD Edwards, Hyperion, Siebel, PeopleSoft, SAP and homegrown applications.
Next you talk about the what: Private Cloud Appliance features to address the needs of your organization.
You know the CIO and VP want more details on how Private Cloud Appliance is considered a Cloud-in-a-box solution, so you discuss the top three reasons. Budget is always a major part of the decision. You will explain how the Private Cloud Appliance will reduce your organization’s CapEx and OpEx. The quotes from two customers PLDT Alpha and Secure-24 help you validate the benefits.
Now that you have captured the attention of your executives, you play the 5-minute video of the Private Cloud Appliance, which demonstrates the benefits in cool animation.
Finally, to address your executives’ question: “who else is using this platform for private cloud?” you show the BT Spain video. For its "Cloud of Clouds" vision, BT Spain uses Oracle Private Cloud Appliance to address its needs for incremental scalability, operational efficiency, workload consolidation, and Trusted Partitions licensing.
You feel confident that these three assets will help your CIO and VP of Infrastructure narrow their choices and consider Oracle Private Cloud Appliance as a solution to address their business challenges. At a minimum, they will find your presentation informative, interesting and not a boring session of slides. It will be a fantastic weekend.
(Full Infographic can be downloaded here)
Tuesday Nov 10, 2015
By Simon Coter-Oracle on Nov 10, 2015
Friday Nov 06, 2015
By johnpriest-Oracle on Nov 06, 2015
We just released a maintenance update for Oracle VM 3.2 to deliver new hardware support, improve stability, and provide bug fixes. You can review the Oracle VM What's New Wiki for 3.2.10 Manager and 3.2.10 Server for the list of What’s New and Notable Bug Fixes.
Oracle VM 3.2.10 updates are available for download from My Oracle Support. Oracle VM Server packages are also available from the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Network (Oracle VM Server 3.2 Latest Channel). The patch updates include all the cumulative bug fixes that have been integrated since the base 3.2.1 release.
Oracle VM 3.2.10 Download Information
· Oracle VM Manager 3.2.10 upgrade, search patch ID 16410417
· Oracle VM Agent 3.2.10 for SPARC, search patch ID 16694949
Review the download instructions at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/vm/downloads/index.html
New customers are encouraged to use the latest Oracle VM 3.3. Stay tuned for further updates.
Oracle VM documentation is available on the Oracle Technology Network (OTN):http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/vm/documentation/index.html.
For the latest information, best practices white papers and webinars, please visit http://oracle.com/virtualization.
By Jsavit-Oracle on Nov 06, 2015
Last week's Oracle OpenWorld had important announcements on our product families, including our new SPARC M7 and T7 servers, accompanied by the release of Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.3 and Oracle Solaris 11.3 that fully exploit the new hardware's capabilities. This demonstrates the results of our research and development investment to deliver increasingly powerful and efficient systems.
In addition to the above links, here are new and updated blogs and white papers that describe the new product features and performance:
- BestPerf: Performance & Best Practices - with new worlds records on the SPARC T7 and M7 systems.
- Live Migration: SPARC T7-2 Oracle VM Server for SPARC Performance - showing dramatic speedups in secure, encrypted live migration.
- Oracle's SPARC T7 and SPARC M7 Servers: Domaining Best Practices - with guidance on how to optimally consolidate workloads using Oracle VM Server for SPARC, Solaris zones, and physical domains.
- Consolidation Using Oracle's SPARC Virtualisation Technologies - architectural guide for consolidation updated for the SPARC M7 and T7.
- Implementing Root Domains with Oracle VM Server for SPARC - a guide to using root domains for maximum performance and isolation, updated for the SPARC M7 and T7.
- Other technical material can be found on the Oracle VM Server for SPARC white papers page.
Tuesday Nov 03, 2015
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Nov 03, 2015
Hi everyone, are you a technical writer knowledgeable on Linux and virtualization?
We are looking for an experienced technical writer to work on producing documentation for our Linux and Virtualization products. Our documentation team is responsible for documenting Oracle VM, Oracle PCA, Oracle Linux, Oracle Secure Global Desktop. We are hiring around the area of Linux and Server Virtualization. It is possible that assignments will shift around eventually within the set of products listed above.
- Native English speaker
- Solid Knowledge of virtualization technologies and storage
- Ability to learn new technologies
- 5 or more years previous experience in writing software documentation
- Experience with writing documentation for virtualization and / or Operating Sytems products
- Solid knowledge of the Linux operating system, and its commands.
- Familiarity with other operating systems: Solaris, Windows
- Solid Knowledge of XML, DocBook XML, and XSL style sheets
- Knowledge of Wikis and HTML- Experience with graphical tools
- Familiarity with distributed working environments and source code versioning systems such as SVN
- Familiarity with X86_64 and Sparc hardware architectures is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to administer own workstation and test environment
- Natural curiosity
Position #: 150001G2 - Technical Writer
Friday Oct 30, 2015
FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Re-cap of OpenWorld 2015 for Oracle Linux, Virtualization and OpenStack for Oracle Linux
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 30, 2015
Hello everyone, what a week it had been, we have wrapped up another Oracle Openworld!
Thank you to all our partners, customers, speakers, demo staff and organizers for making this Oracle OpenWorld a special one. For those curious about the statistics this year, I wanted to share those fascinating numbers (see attached infographic).
Oracle OpenWorld 2015 turned out to be an amazing one for our teams. We would like to recap and summarize our announcements and activities.
Highlights from the Keynotes:
Oracle Linux was center stage in this year's keynotes. Friday night, we had Intel CEO talking about how Oracle Linux and displaying it on the stage. One of the biggest announcements at the show is the new userspace patching capability of Ksplice, unveiled in Larry Ellison’s The Secure Cloud keynote . Ksplice is included with Oracle Linux Premier Support and administrators have been using it to patch the running Linux kernel with zero-downtime and without rebooting for years, with over 1 million patches distributed. But patching kernel vulnerabilities is only part of the security story, because vulnerabilities can also occur in system libraries like glibc and OpenSSL. In 2014, The Heartbleed Bug exploited a vulnerability in OpenSSL and cost organizations millions of dollars. With the userspace patching feature of Ksplice, vulnerabilities like this can be corrected immediately when the patch is available without downtime or rebooting, dramatically improving the security of your systems.
Watch the keynotes on-demand if you have not had a chance to tune in during OpenWorld.
From theCube :
Wim Coekaerts, SVP of Linux and Virtualization Engineering discussed the updates to Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux and Open source at Oracle with SiliconANGLE Media team at theCube, at Oracle OpenWorld 2015 in San Francisco. My favorite part was about his comments on open-source. He explained Open source at Oracle is a “development strategy, not a philosophical approach.” If it makes business sense to develop the product as open source, that’s how it moves forward. Open source is not just in my department,” Coekaerts explained, "but rather across the company". This was a great video interview with Wim Coekaerts, not to be missed!
Highlights from the Showcase and Exhibition Hall:
Our Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase area was a big hit with the Oracle OpenWorld attendees this year. Our partners amitego AG, Intel, Huawei, Fortinet, SGI, Qlogic, Niksun and Linux Foundation showcased their solutions and presented in the theatre. We also had great interaction with attendees at our Oracle demo pods featuring Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, Oracle VM VirtualBox, Oracle Secure Global Desktop and Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux products. Our theatre sessions were so busy that we had to bring extra seating.
Highlights from our sessions:
Our sessions were amazing, everyone that attended came out with positive remarks, one attendee tweeted at Greg Marsden's session : "Nice session 'Maximize Oracle Linux Performance on Servers and in the Cloud' Tuning OS,Memory, FS. Can't wait to try them. #oow15 ". There were few "wow!" and "really?" remarks in Wim Coekaerts' general session when audience heard that Oracle VM VirtualBox supports almost all the OS in the market including IBM OS/2 (looks like some of our banking customers still using it for custom applications).
- Security is critical in today's ever-present cyber attacks and we have the solution for your Linux environment: new userspace patching and existing kernel patching capability of Ksplice makes it the must have item
- If you are running on Oracle Engineered Systems, or Oracle Public Cloud, you are already running on Oracle Linux and Oracle VM. Why not implement it elsewhere in your infrastructure
- We announced Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux R2- that simplifies deployment and administration by leveraging docker-based containers for deployment and upgrades
- Oracle Linux and Oracle VM is certified and supported by all the major partners
I would like to end with an article that sums it all: Larry Ellison's World View: 7 Observations Straight From The Hip .
See you all at the next Oracle OpenWorld, September 18-22, 2016.
Wednesday Oct 28, 2015
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 28, 2015
Hello to you on a Wednesday morning at Oracle OpenWorld.
Today's keynote is "Oracle's Converged Strategy: From On-Premises to Cloud…and Back " by Dave Donatelli. , 9:00 a.m.–10:15 a.m., at Moscone North, Hall D.
It had been a really busy two days for us but today is even more packed for Oracle Linux and Virtualization teams. Just check out those sessions we have lined up for you:
Sessions and Hands-On-Labs:
- Build and Deploy Portable Applications Using Docker and Oracle Linux [HOL10328]Wednesday, Oct 28, 8:45 a.m. | Hotel Nikko—Nikko Ballroom I (3rd Floor)
- How to Manage Your Oracle Linux Environment with Spacewalk [HOL10326]Wednesday, Oct 28, 10:15 a.m. | Hotel Nikko—Monterey (3rd Floor)
- Building a Large-Scale Cloud Infrastructure with Oracle VM and Oracle Linux [CON9487]Wednesday, Oct 28, 11:00 a.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Business Continuity for Virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure [CON9575]Wednesday, Oct 28, 12:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Rapid Private Cloud with Oracle VM and Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux [CON9576]Wednesday, Oct 28, 1:45 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- The Enterprise Cloud Simplified with Oracle VM [CON9488]Wednesday, Oct 28, 3:00 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Maximize Your Private Cloud Investment with Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux [CON9574]Wednesday, Oct 28, 4:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Deploying and Managing a Private Cloud [HOL10469]Wednesday, Oct 28, 4:15 p.m. | Hotel Nikko—Nikko Ballroom II (3rd Floor)
As usual, we have some great showcase theatre sessions lined up as well:
Today is also your last chance to win these great prizes so don't forget to come to Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase at Moscone South, Booth 121.
Hope you have a great Wednesday at and come and see us at our sessions and showcase.
Tuesday Oct 27, 2015
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 27, 2015
Happy Tuesday to all Oracle OpenWorld attendees and those watching online.
Today is full of important Keynotes and General sessions by Oracle Linux and Virtualization team. Keynotes are at Moscone North, Hall D., first one 8:30 10:15 a.m. "Oracle Software Innovations", Thomas Kurian, the second one - not to be missed- "The Secure Cloud", by Larry Ellison, 1:30 p.m.–3:15 p.m. These keynotes will be streamed live from Oracle OpenWorldwebsite.
For Linux and Virtualization audiences the key event is the general sessions. Oracle's Wim Coekaerts, Sr.VP of Linux and Virtualization Engineering will present the General sessions highlighted in red below, mark them in your schedule and don't miss:
- General Session: Oracle Linux—the State of the Penguin [GEN9479]Tuesday, Oct 27, 11:00 a.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Secure Your Data Center with Oracle Linux [CON9483] Tuesday, Oct 27, 12:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- General Session: How Oracle Linux and Virtualization Power the Cloud [GEN9486] Tuesday, Oct 27, 4:00 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Oracle VM: Complete and Integrated Virtualization Solution in a Data Center [CON6120] Tuesday, Oct 27, 5:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
If you missed the Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase, Moscone South, Booth #121 yesterday, today is the day to visit. We will have the Oracle product managers and engineers to answer your questions.
Today's theatre sessions in the showcase area will be:
We all look forward to talking to you.
Monday Oct 26, 2015
By Jsavit-Oracle on Oct 26, 2015
We are pleased to announce the release of Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.3, which has delivered as part of Oracle Solaris 11.3. Together, they provide substantial new features for virtualization, performance, security, data and system management, and platform support.
Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.3 introduces multiple new capabilities, especially a new method of doing I/O, virtual HBA (vHBA) which expands the ability of guest domains to perform I/O to devices with the full functionality of non-virtualized systems. For the new Solaris 11.3 features, please see the page What's New in Oracle Solaris 11.3.
For additional resources about Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Learn details on What's New
- Review the Oracle VM Server for SPARC white papers
- Download Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Attend the training course offered by Oracle University: Oracle VM Server for SPARC: Installation and Configuration
To speak with the experts and attend sessions, join us at Oracle OpenWorld 2015:
- For any other sessions you are interested in, search session catalog
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 26, 2015
Hello to you from Oracle OpenWorld !
We are very excited to start the 2nd day of OpenWorld. If you have listened to theSunday night keynote, you know that Oracle Linux was a star taking its place in the stage. Keynote today is "Vision 2025: Digital Transformation in the Cloud" , 9:00 a.m–10:15 a.m., at Moscone North, Hall D. Mark Hurd will present with key speakers from AIG and GE.
Right after the keynote stop by Moscone South, Booth #121, Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase to see Oracle demo pods, Partner kiosks from Intel, SGI, Fortinet, Qlogic, Niksun, Huawei, amitego AG, and Linux Foundation. We have great giveaways and prizes for you including Intel NUC and life-size Penguin.
Monday is also full of informative sessions and Hands-on-Labs for Oracle Linux, Virtualization and OpenStack for Oracle Linux teams.
Our sessions for Monday, Oct 26 are:
- Deploy Oracle Real Application Clusters in Minutes Using Oracle VM Templates [HOL10471]Monday, Oct 26, 11:00 a.m. | Hotel Nikko—Nikko Ballroom II (3rd Floor)
- Performance Optimizations for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service [CON9577]Monday, Oct 26, 12:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Getting Started with Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux [HOL10473]Monday, Oct 26, 12:30 p.m. | Hotel Nikko—Nikko Ballroom II (3rd Floor)
- Deploy an Oracle E-Business Suite System in Minutes Using Oracle VM Templates [HOL10472]Monday, Oct 26, 2:00 p.m. | Hotel Nikko—Nikko Ballroom II (3rd Floor)
- Maximize Oracle Linux Performance on Servers and in the Cloud [CON9481]Monday, Oct 26, 2:45 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Oracle Linux: Build, Test, and Deploy—Tools for the Modern Developer [CON9484]Monday, Oct 26, 4:00 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
- Next-Generation Cloud Application Development with Oracle Linux, Docker, and Virtualization [CON9485]Monday, Oct 26, 5:15 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
And Theatre Session which includes our Partner solutions and Oracle product presentations will be in the Showcase, Moscone South Booth #121 :
Mark these urls below for easy check of these sessions for Oracle Linux and Virtualization.
See you at our sessions, HOLs and Showcase!
Sunday Oct 25, 2015
By Sunil.Dusankar-Oracle on Oct 25, 2015
We are happy to welcome you all to our Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase this year. We are showcasing Oracle Secure Global Desktop product in the showcase area and also number of exciting sessions describing Oracle Secure Global Desktop and Oracle technology integration.
Monday, Oct 26th
- Conference Session:
Private Cloud Appliance Roadmap and Insights from Engineering [CON8762]
Mon Oct 26th, 12:15pm | Intercontinental - Intercontinental C (5th Floor)
- Theatre Session:
Secure Access to cloud-hosted Enterprise Applications and Desktops [THT11480]
Mon Oct 26th, 04:30pm | Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, and OpenStack Showcase Theatre, Moscone South
- Conference Session:
Next-Generation Cloud Application Development with Oracle Linux, Docker, and Virtualization [CON9485]
Mon Oct 26th, 05:15pm | Park Central - Metropolitan II
Tuesday, Oct 27th
- General Session:
How Oracle Linux and Virtualization Power the Cloud [GEN9486]
Tue Oct 27, 4:00 p.m. | Park Central—Metropolitan II
Wednesday, Oct 28th
- Conference Session:
Building a Large-scale Cloud Infrastructure with Oracle VM and Oracle Linux [CON9487]
Wed Oct 28th, 11:00am | Park Central - Metropolitan II
We look forward to seeing you at OOW15.
Saturday Oct 24, 2015
By Honglin Su-Oracle on Oct 24, 2015
Oracle OpenWorld 2015 is around the corner, and we are pleased to announce the release of the latest and greatest Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database as well as an updated version of deploycluster tool that supports Oracle VM 3.3.
Oracle VM application driven architecture is designed to enable rapid application deployment. With the use of Oracle VM Templates, sophisticated applications such as Oracle Database or Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) can be deployed in minutes — up to 10x faster than with other solutions.
The release delivers all security fixes from database and OS in a fully automated deployment framework. The deploycluster tool provides fully automated end-to-end Single Instance and Oracle Real Application Clusters deployments on Oracle VM 3. The new deploycluster tool now supports the latest Oracle VM 3.3. The new templates include Standard Edition 2, which is totally new, first time the templates ever did for standard edition. For download instructions of deploycluster tool and Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database, visit here.
- [Oct 2015] Single Instance & Oracle RAC 12c Release 1 Enterprise Edition , including Oracle Grid Infrastructure (18.104.22.168.5) & Oracle Linux 7 Update 1 - Available from My Oracle Support under Patch number 18888877 for 64-Bit Linux
- [Oct 2015] Single Instance & Oracle RAC 12c Release 1 Standard Edition 2, including Oracle Grid Infrastructure (22.214.171.124.5) & Oracle Linux 6 Update 7 - Available from My Oracle Support under Patch number 18888883 for 64-Bit Linux
Here is a sample
deploycluster session, notice this is invoked using a single command,
which does everything, powers on VMs, setup network then hands over to the
OneCommand engine inside the VMs, which builds a single instance or RAC
environment complete with a database.
--- DEPLOYCLUSTER SAMPLE RUN OF A 10-NODE FLEX CLUSTER, elapse time ~4min ---
Oracle DB/RAC OneCommand (v2.1.2) for Oracle VM - deploy cluster - (c) 2011-2015 Oracle Corporation
(com: 29100:v2.0.4, lib: 182513:v2.0.6, var: 1600:v2.0.6) - v2.4.3 - server09.domain.com (x86_64)
Invoked as root at Fri Oct 23 02:45:56 2015 (size: 47000, mtime: Thu Sep 17 15:03:35 2015)
Using: ./deploycluster.py -u admin -p **** -H server02 -M *1023-rc2* -N netconfig-empire-1-12c-10n.ini
INFO: Attempting to connect to Oracle VM Manager...
INFO: Oracle VM Client (126.96.36.1996) protocol (1.9) CONNECTED (tcps) to
Oracle VM Manager (188.8.131.526) protocol (1.9) IP (184.108.40.206) UUID (0004fb0000010000542f0dc676ea61df)
INFO: Inspecting /root/ovm_shell2/test44/deploycluster2/netconfig-empire-1-12c-10n.ini for number of nodes defined....
INFO: Detected 10 nodes in: /root/ovm_shell2/test44/deploycluster2/netconfig-empire-1-12c-10n.ini
INFO: Located a total of (10) VMs;
10 VMs with a simple name of: ['empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.0', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.1', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.2', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.3', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.4', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.5', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.6', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.7', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.8', 'empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.9']
INFO: Detected (4) Hub nodes and (6) Leaf nodes in the Flex Cluster
INFO: Detected a RAC deployment...
INFO: Starting all (10) VMs...
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.0" (Leaf node) is in Running state...
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.1" (Hub node) is in Running state...
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.2" (Leaf node) is in Running state...
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.3" (Hub node) is in Running state...
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.4" (Hub node) is in a Stopped state, attempting to start it......OK.
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.5" (Leaf node) is in a Stopped state, attempting to start it......OK.
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.6" (Leaf node) is in a Stopped state, attempting to start it......OK.
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.7" (Leaf node) is in a Stopped state, attempting to start it.......OK.
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.8" (Leaf node) is in a Stopped state, attempting to start it........OK.
INFO: VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.9" (Hub node) is in a Stopped state, attempting to start it........OK.
INFO: Verifying that all (10) VMs are in Running state and pass prerequisite checks.............
INFO: Detected that all (4) Hub node VMs specified on command line have (5) common shared disks between them (ASM_MIN_DISKS=5)
INFO: The (10) VMs passed basic sanity checks and in Running state, sending cluster details as follows:
netconfig.ini (Network setup): /root/ovm_shell2/test44/deploycluster2/netconfig-empire-1-12c-10n.ini
INFO: Starting to send configuration details to all (10) VM(s).............
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.0" (Leaf node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.1" (Hub node)....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.2" (Leaf node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.3" (Hub node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.4" (Hub node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.5" (Leaf node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.6" (Leaf node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.7" (Leaf node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.8" (Leaf node).....
INFO: Sending to VM with a simple name of "empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.9" (Hub node)......
INFO: Configuration details sent to (10) VMs...
Check log (default location /u01/racovm/buildcluster.log) on build VM (empire-1023-rc2-rac12c.1)...
INFO: deploycluster.py completed successfully at 02:49:35 in 219.6 seconds (0h:03m:39s)
To learn more, we are happy to meet with you at Oracle OpenWorld!
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Friday Spotlight: Virtual I/O with Performance and Flexibility
- Complete Lifecycle Compute Stack Virtualization
- You are Invited: Oracle VM Test Drive Workshop on Cisco UCS , NY/NY, Nov 19
- Friday Spotlight: Three assets to captivate your audience for Private Cloud Appliance
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0.10 Released!
- Oracle VM 3.2.10 Released
- Friday Spotlight: SPARC T7 and M7 with Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.3
- Wanted - Technical Writer for Oracle Linux and Virtualization team
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Re-cap of OpenWorld 2015 for Oracle Linux, Virtualization and OpenStack for Oracle Linux
- OOW15 - Wednesday, Oct 28: What is Coming Up Today?