Java CAPS Apostles Conference
By vihangpathak on Jun 18, 2007
As indicated in my blog at Portal Post ,at the Java CAPS Apostles Conference held from June 11-15 2007 @ Singapore, presented a great opportunity to show case Portal and stuff being done around it and/or involving Java CAPS.
It was a great opportunity to showcase
- Introduce Portal/Portlets/OpenPortal/Open Source Portlet Container
- Showcase the Portlet Container
- The Generic Workflow API and its implementation around Java CAPS to be consumed by Portal
- Netbeans Tooling to develop
- Generate Portlets out of eVision(JavaCAPS) and deploy them on Sun Java System Portal Server
- SDN Article for Incorporating Workflow in Portals
My session also included, hands on portlet development lab with portlet-container deployment and developing a simple portlet using the netbeans portal pack plugin.
Partners were excited about the news that they got about Portal and the fact that so much of developer friendly material was available around Portal.
Some folks were also surprised to see that the functionality of converting eVision to portlets existed.
Hence, the conference concluded on a very positive note, giving a great food for thought to everybody about integrating Portal with Java CAPS.
P.S.: The distro at the conference included:
- Java One CD including demos around CMS,Workflow,Eventing
- Zip Installer CD for Sun Java System Portal Server 7