Thursday Jun 03, 2010
Sunday Apr 25, 2010
By Deirdre' Straughan on Apr 25, 2010
This talk walks you through the implementation of a simple SMF service. What sounds "simple" at first, develops a life of its own when you consider installation/de-installation, security considerations, error handling and debugging, and of course unexpected little bugs and shortcomings. Finally, we add a GUI to our service by discovering the OpenSolaris Visual Panels project. This "lessons learned" talk is intended to be a practical roundup of things to consider for developers interested in integrating with SMF. Presented by Constantin Gonzalez, a Principal Field Technologist with Sun Microsystems, Germany. Together with Wolfgang Stief, he heads the Munich OpenSolaris User Group. In addition to OpenSolaris, he also spends time with Web 2.0, Cloud Computing, CPU and System Architectures and other geeky stuff. OSDEVCON, October 2009, Dresden
- Some New Old Solaris Videos, Plus Some Old New Ones
- Greatest Hits, Etc.
- Thanks for Watching
- Solaris 11 Image Packaging System
- Introduction to Oracle Solaris 11 Express
- Oracle Solaris Developer Tools
- Where'd BigAdmin and the Docs Go?
- Oracle Solaris Studio and Oracle Solaris 11 Express
- DTrace BoF at LISA10
- What's Great in Solaris 11 Express for Developers