Wednesday Nov 24, 2010
Tuesday Nov 16, 2010
By Deirdre' Straughan on Nov 16, 2010
Monday Nov 15, 2010
Saturday Nov 13, 2010
By Deirdre' Straughan on Nov 13, 2010
Two videos from Dave Miner at Oracle OpenWorld, 2010. The first is an in-depth look at how (and why) Oracle Solaris 11 has a much more comprehensive set of installation and update tools, including the Image Packaging System (IPS) and the Automated Installer (AI). This is from the Oracle OpenWorld/JavaOne/Oracle Develop Unconference, September 2010.
While he was there, Dave also gave Rick Ramsey an overview of the new install technologies and how to prepare for the new (and better) world.
Monday Apr 26, 2010
By Deirdre' Straughan on Apr 26, 2010
[VIDEO CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE]
There are two parts of this talk: First one is focusing mostly on the IPS GUI and it's new/planned features such as web install, publisher auto discovery, history support and lots of other features. The users and developers will get an overview about the development aspects of the IPS GUI project from behind the scenes. This includes usability studies and automated tests, which includes DTrace for python. In the second part speaker will explain the benefits of working with multiply boot environments using OpenSolaris Package Manager and beadm(1) CLI.Michal Pryc presents at OSDEVCON 2009. Michael, a Sun engineer, has enjoyed working on the OpenSolaris desktop since mid-2006, in particular, the key project: Package Manager. Previously, Michal developed Java platform-based games and performed administrative tasks for several years. Away from the computer, depending on the place and time of the year, he plays sports: gliding, sailing, skiing, and badminton. For Michal it's the third time, when he will attend OpenSolaris Developer Conference, previously in Berlin and Prague.
- Oracle Solaris Studio: Optimal Java Performance and Remote Development
- Making OpenStack Secure and Compliant for the Enterprise
- OpenStack: We'll Make Pets Great
- Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 Technical Mini-Casts
- SPARC Software in Silicon Film Festival
- Oracle ZFS Storage: Powered by Oracle Solaris
- Disaster Recovery with Oracle Solaris Cluster
- Oracle Solaris 11.2 at the Atlanta OpenStack Summit
- Videos: Oracle Solaris 11.2 and More
- Some New Old Solaris Videos, Plus Some Old New Ones