VirtualBox: Installing Guest Additions
By kuldeep on Jul 10, 2008
Installing just VirtualBox, sometimes, does not resolves some of the problems. For example, seamless movement between host OS and guest will not work without installing Guest Additions.USB devices may not work without installing GuestAdditions. GuestAdditions are installed in the Guest OS where as VirtualBox is installed on the host.
This blog is about how to install Guest Additions after a virtual machine is created
- Launch VirtuaBox
- Start Virtual Machine by clicking on "Start"
- Wait for guest os to start. If guest OS is Windows, wait for some more time for it to run "Startup Applications"
- Click on "Devices" and then select "Install Guest Additions"
- Step 4 will launch installation Wizard for installing GuestAdditions. Click on "Next" to start installing Guest Additions
- Accept the License Terms and click "Next" to continue
- Choose a location for installation. Default location is fine too. Click on "Next" to continue with installation.
- Once installation is complete, it may ask for guest os to be rebooted. Selected an option and click "Finish"
This will enable smooth switching between host and guest windows.