JavaFX version 1.0 Release!!!!
By Vasudha Amrit on Dec 02, 2008
JavaFx 1.0 was launched yesterday with a big bang. This is one of the most revolutionary technologies developed by Sun Microsystems and is an extremely powerful tool for developing rich client applications and by rich I mean really super rich!! :D You have to see it to believe it!!....
JavaFX combines the best capabilities of the Java platform with comprehensive, immersive media functionality into an intuitive and comprehensive, one-stop development environment.
So here are some pointers about what JavaFx is really about:
- Provides a unified development and deployment model for building rich client applications
- Enables you to easily integrate audio and video, graphics, rich text, and Web services
- Allows creative developers to program in a visual context
- Provides tools to build and deliver rich Internet applications for desktop, mobile, TV, and other consumer platforms
- Enables unprecedented collaboration between designers and developers
- Allows designers and Java developers to easily leverage the best of today's advanced enterprise software and rich Internet applications.
- JavaFX Script, a high-performance declarative scripting language, enables you to quickly and easily develop rich Internet applications and next-generation services for desktops, browsers, mobile devices, set-top boxes, and, over time, other consumer platforms.
- Applications can combine audio/video and 2D graphics with 3D perspective transform (true 3D graphics coming soon) and rich text, with compelling visual effects and transformations.