So, finally sweat materialized into product. JavaOne announced the new release of JavaFX 1.2. You are welcome to visit the new cool site of javafx.com.
Also visit the sample section, fully loaded with new samples.
JavaFX 1.2 release is loaded with enormous features. Detailed list here.
Little bit what I know, let me speak about the changes and the corresponding samples.
1. Set of new UI Controls : Buttons, Sliders, Texts ... bla bla... many more. Please figure out in this nice sample :
ProjectManager. Other new samples are also using it like FXAddressBook, StockQuote
2. Chart API : LineChart, AreaChart, BarChart(2D,3D), PieChart(2D,3D), Bubble Chart and many more. Please see the detail in Chart API doc.
Samples : Shopping Mashup, Weather Forecasting
3. Persistence Storage: Resource and Storage class has been added.
4. Start-up performance has been increased around 40 percent. No Sample for it :) or we can saw all sample for it :).
5. Lot of changes in Graphics API's
6. O yes, adding of Asynchronous Operations, last time I was struggling running process in Parallel in JavaFX as it is a single threaded application.
Some more things you would like to see :
2 FullScreen Games has been added into samples repo, Reversi Game and SnakesLadders.
IMPORTANT POINT : Many times I talk about RIA, and now if you see the sample repo, there are only few samples which are not using any Web Services. Most of it, are taking Data dynamically from Web Services.
More things to come ....