By vaibhavc on May 29, 2009
Straightaway to JavaOne : http://java.sun.com/javaone/
Best wished to all the presenters and attendees. JavaOne going to rock :).
PS: Sorry, no technical writing in this post.
Ah, So James Gosling get amazed. This is one of the click I have taken of him, I guess at the right pose.
Talk is centered around Java, FX, Solaris, MySQL and GlassFish.
My talk with Vikram was all about Garbage Collector and the new GC called G1. You can download the presentation from here. Thanks to Tony for sharing his JavaOne presentation with us. Thats makes life little easy.
JavaFX booth, which was my next area of interest, was simply awesome.I guess that booth has entertained more than 200-300 developers in a day.
It was my second Sun Tech Days, again in Hyderabad. I was little upset that no one from my team is presenting anything, but again knowledge can come from any source :). Started with Rich Greens Key notes, it was a 3 day event. I have attended lots and lots of presentation and here are some cool ones:
1. Netbeans day - A full day presentation by Roman and Chuk-Munn Lee. Both are awesome presenters in itself. They covered:
- New Netbeans 6 features, I feel like its going to be the most powerful tool very soon.
- Bean Binding
- Swing Framework
- Mobile Application with Netbeans 6
- Platform Application
- How to make NB plugins ... and many more.
All the session was excellent.
2. Java Debugging - This session mostly talks about Netbeans Profiling. How to use jhat, jconsole and all from NB. Though these tools are shipped with JDK6, NB gives a better support.
3. REST - Again an awesome presentation by Chuk-Munn. Talks about what REST is and how is different from SOAP.
4. GC Tunning - I haven't attended this session but my friends told me it was a good session again by Chuk-Munn, all about how to tune GC for your application.
5. Lab on Java FX - the material is very good for the lab, specially for beginners like me.
There are some other good sessions as well. All together it was a good event.
Sun is holding a talk on Environmental issue, eco-friendliness. Please join us @
On Thursday, January 10, 2008, Sun will hold our first OpenEco Energy
Camp event in San Francisco, CA This will be an unconference-style
event focused on environmental issues and designed to connect and
inspire ecology leaders, business representatives and open source
We have an exciting list of speakers confirmed, including:
>> Dave Douglas, VP of Eco Responsibility at Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>> L. Hunter Lovins, President and Founder of Natural Capitalism, Inc.
>> Ted Nordhaus and Michael Shellenberger, The Breakthrough Institute
>> Adam Werbach, Founder and CEO of Act Now
>> Special Eco Short Film Presentation facilitated by Sharon Badal,
Short Film Programmer for the Tribeca Film Festival and Tom Feegel,
Founder and Principal of Brand Neutral
Please come and make the talk worthwhile. We all have to think deep about the environmental issues we are facing.
Ah, Sports Day was over in Sun IEC. We had a splendid last week. I participated in most of the game, but :-D. Anyway, a good competition and lost TT singles in quarters, TT Doubles in Semi, FootBall in Semi and finally we are able to manage runners position in Cricket. Here is our trophy:
It was a great time. Love to see the games with limitations. I never think of cricket without hitting six and football without taking head before IEC Sports 2007. From my blog, I would again like to thank all the organizer who had done excellent work and keep the game spirit going on even in hard rain. Check out Amol's blog for Prize Distribution Video.
Hi, I am Vaibhav Choudhary working in Sun. This blog is all about simple concept of Java and JavaFX.