Our customers joined us in the booth to talk shop.
A few of us headed out for a pre-dawn Camelback Mountain trek to enjoy the amazing Arizona sunrise.
- Customer experience is the norm. Customer Experience (CX) has long been a part of CS Week dialog, but in years past CX remained an abstract concept that many were still trying to wrap their heads around. Not so anymore. This year, everyone was talking about CX. Customer Experience has become an expected and critical piece to every great customer service strategy as utilities are actively seeking ways to deliver personalized, proactive engagement through multiple channels.
- Our customers are amazing. CS Week offers us such a wonderful opportunity to engage with our customers, to hear about their successes and geek out with them about future plans and continue industry transformation. Thank you all for a great week!
- Digital is everywhere. From the sessions to the expo floor, you could not escape digital. Utilities, industry analysts, and vendors are contemplating the impacts of digital transformation on the utility industry. While some are more mature than others in their understanding of digital transformation, those who are leading the pack are beginning to see major business impact as they explore what's possible when we embrace this change.
- CIS implementation isn't quite as fearsome as it once was. We heard more than a few of the classics: "The road to CIS replacement is paved with dead executives" was a new one to me. But by and large, the real story is coming out: CIS replacement doesn't have to be scary. It is a huge undertaking and there are bound to be some bumps in the road, but with the right strategy and team in place, it should be a positive experience that opens the door to new opportunities.
- Camelback Mountain...and Phoenix in general. Seriously, thank you, Phoenix, for being such a wonderful destination and to Arizona Public Service for being a fantastic host. Daniel Froetscher, SVP of Transmission, Distribution and Customers, gave a fantastic Wednesday keynote!