Charles Dickens opened one of my favorite novels with a memorable note about the best of times and the worst of times. These days, we’re all facing a global tilt in that negative direction (and it’s more than a little scary), but utilities around the globe are both keeping our personal worlds functioning while also being compassionate and positive on social media. They’re taking care of us body and soul.
Here are recent moments to help you meditate on the positive today from a handful of our social soulmates. (Got suggestions of your own? Let us know on Twitter and/or in the comments below.)
1. & 2. San Antonio Water and Fort Worth Water are talking about enjoying the beautiful Texas bluebonnets (at a safe distance from each other).
3. & 4. SDG&E and Dominion Energy are thinking of others during these trying times. (And we know for sure they’re not the only ones. Is your utility doing this, too? Tell us on Twitter or in the comments below.)
5. & 6. NE Ohio Regional Sewer and Northumbrian Water are waxing poetic about tasty things to enjoy (again, at a safe social distance). (Yes, we know that’s not exactly what they mean by “pi,” but go with it.)
7. & 8. Alliant Energy and PPL Electric support science education wholeheartedly.
9. & 10. OG&E and LG&E/KU are keeping their customers close to their hearts and waving disconnects while we all work to keep the community safer. (And we know for sure they’re not the only ones. Is your utility doing this, too? Tell us on Twitter or in the comments below.)
We want to celebrate all the efforts of utilities to keep the community running smoothly during this time. Submit a good tweet (from heartfelt to helpful) from your utility (gas, water or electric) to be added to this list. Let’s make this a crowdsourcing project. Email the author a screenshot and a short note: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oracle Utilities, including Opower, partners with the world's hardest working electric, water and natural gas companies to empower, enhance and enable your every single day. From cloud-native products and better grid management tools to support for every single step of your customer's journey, we have the answer. Learn more at oracle.com/utilities. Get specific product information as quick as clicking right here.