By Ultan O'Broin-Oracle on Aug 18, 2012
By Tim Dubois, Applications User Experience Architect (Bio)
This is a guest post by senior Applications User Experience team member, Tim Dubois. Tim really knows how to rally Fusion Applications developers to productively build a great apps user experience. Here, he fast tracks your onboarding to success...
Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) represents a very powerful set of tools that enable you to build applications. Finding all of the relevant documentation, training material, or help can feel like a daunting task. Now, whether you are trying to find the latest Oracle JDeveloper to download, installation instructions, or the hottest Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) tips, you can check out some of the most common and useful links below to get you started.
Oracle provide apps devs with design, technology, tools, and training to take apps user experiences from blueprint to reality.
1. One of the first things to check out is the ADF Collateral Tour. This recording will walk you though the sites and explain how to get started, where to find information, and recommended next steps.
2. A great link to bookmark as a top link is the Oracle Technology Network's (OTN) Documentation Portal at http://docs.oracle.com. From here you can get to many necessary links, such as:
- Fusion Middleware, with current documentation library: Fusion Middleware 11g R1 (184.108.40.206.0)
- Application Development Framework (ADF) (current release 220.127.116.11)
- JDeveloper (current release 18.104.22.168)
- Developer Tools. There are many more here to choose from...
For e-learning or tutorials, check out:
- JDeveloper Tutorials
- ADF Insider Basics, Insider, Insider Essentials recordings
- Advanced ADF e-Courses
- Advanced ADF e-Courses
Looking for more information on Fusion Applications? Go here:
- Oracle Fusion Applications Documentation. Note the link to the Oracle Fusion Applications Technology Library.
And, if you have further questions, there are also great community resources on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media available to assist you. Here are a few of the most relevant ones:
3. ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (ADF EMG). Covers best practices and methodologies for ADF enterprise apps development.
4. JDeveloper and ADF Community. Facebook, Twitter, Google Groups, and more channels and conversations.
5. ORA:FMW Fusion Middleware blog. Discusses SOA suite, ADF, Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Oracle WebCenter, and BPM issues.
6. ADF Code Corner Oracle JDeveloper OTN Harvest blog. Frank Nimphius blogs a selection of the best topics on Oracle JDeveloper OTN forum.
7. Oracle ADF Tips and Techniques blog. Murali Papana discusses ADF tips and techniques.
8. Java/Oracle SOA Blog. Syndicated feed of Java, JDeveloper, Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, and Oracle OSB/SOA suite information.
9. Beginning Java & SOA Development blog. Rommel Pino's blog about beginning Java and SOA development.
10. Activity, Gateway, Event. SOA/BPM on FMW blog. Niall Commiskey blog about SOA/BPM on Oracle Fusion Middleware.
Are you developing apps using FMW and ADF? Any additional bookmarked, favorited or Google+'d resources you think apps devs would find valuable? Find the comments to let us know about them...
About Tim Dubois
Tim Dubois is an Architect in the Oracle Applications User Experience group, focusing on extensibility and customization, development productivity, and next-generation user experience interactions. Previously, he worked as a Director in Fusion Functional Setup Manager and Business Intelligence. Tim has been with Oracle for over 13 years and has a strong understanding of both the functional and technical architecture of the application suite.