Usually I don't post twice a day but as my post scriptum for the previous blog post got longer and longer I decided to write an entry about it - maybe simply because I feel soooo happy that my patch application succeeded flawless.
For many of you the following steps may look very boring as you have done this many times. But I use the blog also to brain-dump information for myself ;-) And for those who'd like to play with it, I summarized the steps fitting exactly into our Hands-On-Lab environment.
I downloaded the following patches:
Then unzipped the patch into an empty directory and OPatch directly into the $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch directory in my 18.104.22.168 home. As I run everything in our HOL environment (download it here) I stored the files on my local host and mapped the directories via a VBox shared folder.
Not sure if the 2nd conflict check was really necessary as it is a CRS patch.
My first attempt failed - I had to clean up a bit.
After I removed a bit of stuff (I actually deleted the 22.214.171.124 home with $ORACLE_HOME/deinstall/deinstall after switching to the 126.96.36.199 environment with . cdb1 in the HOL environment) I could install the BP.
Here it struck me a bit that the logical layout of the patches readme is still very misleading. I was scrolling up and down to find the section for "Database Home only" install but realized that is is still buried under Patching Oracle RAC Database Homes and GI Together which does not make much sense. Anyhow, I stopped arguing with the owners.
The section I'm interested in here is under Case 3: Non-Oracle RAC Database homes.
And after a while ...
Almost done. But don't forget to run ./datapatch -verbose afterwards - see the readme's section:
As it is a Multitenant database in my case I'll have to start the database and the listener first, then start all pluggable databases:
And finally ...
... after another little while ...