SL500/SL3000/SL8500 - E-Delivery Hardware Activation Information
By Saiful Aziz on Aug 18, 2011
For new model of SL500/SL3000/SL8500 tape library, the license key no longer using Silk License.
New license activation was so called 'E-Delivery Hardware Activation files'. Here are the summary of document [ID 1299169.1]
E-Delivery Hardware Activation Information:
This is the SILKs replacement for activating hardware upgrades on the SL500, SL3000, and SL8500 libraries. For downlevel libraries, the old SILKs process must be used.
In order to use the E-Delivery Hardware Activation files the following Oracle StorageTek Library firmware must be installed and operational.
SL500 - 1409 or higher (currently available)
SL3000 - 3.0x or higher (available second quarter of 2011)
SL8500 - 7.0x or higher (available second quarter of 2011)
Before proceeding, contact your Service Representative if your library code is not at the minimal level listed above.
Ensure that Oracle StorageTek Library Console (SLC) 4.75 or higher for SL500, or 5.00 or higher for SL3000/8500, is installed and operational on a Windows, Linux, or Solaris platform that has Ethernet access to the desired Oracle SLseries library. The SLC application software is available for download from
the E-Delivery web site:
1) Access the E-Delivery web site at http://edelivery.oracle.com. (Oracle Software Delivery Cloud - Portal -)
2) Ensure that the desired language is selected and then click "continue".
3) Enter the information requested and then click "continue".
4) Select the “Oracle StorageTek Products” from the Product Pack pull down.
5) Select the “Generic Platform” from the Platform pull down, and then click “go”.
6) From the "Results" list, select and save to a known location the desired SLC zip file.
7) Unzip the zip file and install the SLC by executing the appropriate platforms install executable.
Unzip the purchased E-Delivery Hardware Activation zip file and place the ".img" (SL500) or ".jar" (SL8500/3000) in a known location.
Use the Oracle StorageTek Library Console (SLC)to install the ".img" or ".jar" activation file:
1) Start SLC and connect to the desired SL-series library by entering the requested information. Refer to the library product's Users Guide for details.
2) Once connected, go to the Tools > Hardware Activation > "Install Hardware Activation Keys" tab.
3) Select the desired ".img" or ".jar" Hardware Activation file that was previously unzipped and stored in a known location. Click "Open".
4) Verify that the "Hardware Activation File" value column contains the desired activation feature and if so, click "Install.". Repeat until all activation files are installed.
5) Once last activation file has been installed, a reboot is required to enable the new features.