How to reset RSC password
By Saiful Aziz on Dec 26, 2011
If you forgot the RSC password for V480, V880, V490, and V890 or other old legacy Sun machines, here are the procedure to reset the password. Requirement: SUNWrsc package
If you dont hv the package, please download the latest package from My Oracle Support:
- login to support.oracle.com
- click on "Patches & Updates" in the top menu
- in the search window (located on the right) click "Product or Family (Advanced)"
- in the updated search window type "Sun Remote" in the "Product" box, then select "Sun Remote System Control"
- Click the "Release" box (which says "Select up to 10", in that box click "Sun Remote System Control" and then select the version "Sun Remote System Control 2.2.3".
- In the new window you can now download RSC 2.2.3 (called p10264451_223.zip) by marking it and clicking "download".
[reset RSC password:
Login with root privilege, install the package, then run rscadm command.
Prefix >> #/usr/platform/<platform>/rsc/rscadm userpassword <username>
[example for v890:
# /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890/rsc/rscadm userpassword admin
You can also reset the whole configuration by running "rsc-config" command.