Update Center Toolkit 2.3 Release
By tmueller on Nov 18, 2009
The Update Center team is pleased to announce the availability of release 2.3 of the Update Center Toolkit. The focus for this release has been to improve the overall quality of the toolkit by reducing the bug backlog. This release also includes the following new features:
- Support for the AIX operating system (command line only) and the Windows 7 operating system (user folder only)
- A new version of pkg(5) that is aligned with OpenSolaris build 122. This version includes a new transport library based on libcURL.
- Support for package icons in updatetool (see pkg.icon.24px)
- Ability for updatetool to show only a few recent versions rather than all or one.
- Support for an "excludedirs" capability in the makepkgs tool
- Support for specifying a default ownership for files when using makepkgs
- The copypkgs tool can copy packages to/from a pkg.depotd server
- The HTML templates for pkg.depotd support showing only the most recent version of packages
- Improved on-line help for the software update interface
- Improved startup time for the software update interface when started from the notifier
- Support for promoting new software applications via the software update interface
This release will make its debut in the GlassFish v3 release that is scheduled for later this year.