Update Center Toolkit 2.3 Update 1 Release
By ckamps on Jan 22, 2010
The Update Center project team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.3 Update 1 of the toolkit. Highlights of key issues addressed in this release include:
- Desktop Notifier
- Always uses the latest available version of the toolkit when multiple images are present.
- Continues to check for updates even when invalid images and repository access errors are encountered.
- Update Tool GUI and Desktop Notifier are better prepared to handle incompatible images emerging with version 2.4 of the toolkit.
- Java Bootstrap
- No longer causes out of date catalog cache requiring "pkg refresh" as a workaround.
- No longer overwrites existing publisher UUIDs.
- Initialization property optin.usage.reporting has been retired.
- pkg(5) Java API
- Enables setting publisher UUID even when no UUID exists in the publisher configuration.
- Automatically sets publisher UUID when not already set.
- makeimage developer tool works properly with file URLs on Mac OS X.
- Various localization gaps addressed.