Thursday Sep 27, 2007
Monday Sep 10, 2007
By treydrake on Sep 10, 2007
I recently had the need to wire up SugarCRM (an open source customer relationship management app) to OpenDS for centralizing authentication and user provisioning. The LDAP configuration screen can be found in "admin->system settings". The screenshot below ought to tell the rest of the story though there are a couple gotchas worth noting.
- By default the php LDAP module is not loaded. Install it and load it; e.g., "apt-get install php5-ldap"
- The bind attribute is the entry "dn" versus the suggested "uid".
- The login attribute is the entry "uid" versus the suggested "dn".
- If the "auto create users" checkbox is checked on a successful LDAP bind the user will be created within Sugar. This feature works nicely except that givenname isn't pushed to Sugar, hence, you'll need to manually set the user's last name via Sugar admin screens. I'll file a bug...
- Blog moved to http://treydrake.wordpress.com
- Integrating OpenDS and SugarCRM
- OpenDS talk rollup
- Filling the Atompub AAA void with an OpenDS backed Atom server
- OpenDS and Atom - enabling Web 2.0 behind the firewall
- SecureTrust acquired
- OpenDS Atom server up to snuff
- Atom and LDAP sitting in a tree...
- Atom, APP, OpenID and OpenDS @ JavaONE
- Our OpenID server's getting some press