By Ultan O'Broin-Oracle on Feb 22, 2012
Oracle Fusion Applications NLS versions (that's translations to you lot) are available. The following translations are included (I make it 11): Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Spanish.
See the document Oracle Fusion Applications NLS Release Notes, 11g Release 1, Update 1 (18.104.22.168.0) [ID 1394137.1] on My Oracle Support (MOS). Access to MOS required to read the notes.
Oracle Fusion Applications Arabic version during language QA. Image may not represent final released version.
- Fusion Apps UIs, including embedded help is fully translated. Basically, seed data, messages, and anything in ADF resource bundles (I think that just about covers it) is translated. XLIFF is used.
- Nonembedded help (that means the doc and help) is not translated in 11g Release 1, Update 1 (22.214.171.124.0). The strategy for that translation is communicated in-country and can also be explained to any Oracle Usability Advisory Board (OUAB) members who are interested in apps globalization issues.
- Arabic requires the use of a later version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, still. Other browsers are currently in certification. If you have observations on this, let me know.
- NLS install requires you to have English Oracle Fusion Applications 11g Release 1, Update 1 installed first. See the following docs:
- Oracle Fusion Applications Installation Guide
- Oracle Fusion Applications Patching Guide
- Oracle Fusion Applications Release Notes for instructions for installing Oracle Fusion Applications 11g Release, 1 Update 1 (English, on MOS)