Thursday Feb 19, 2009
Monday Nov 03, 2008
By trajesh on Nov 03, 2008
The OpenPortal WSRP 2.0 beta is now available part of Java Application Platform SDK Update 6. Its also available as a separate download from the project download page. Its recommended to use OpenPortal PortletContainer version 2.0_01 with this.
Also checkout the WSRP 2.0 Beta Article available as the part of Java Application Platform SDK Update 6.
Please uninstall previous versions before installing this release.
Note : If you are using a build from the OpenPortal WSRP trunk i.e you checkout, build and install a OpenPortal WSRP version, its recommended to continue so. Since this WSRP 2.0 beta release is from branch that was created a while back for the Java Application Platform SDK U6 release.
Thursday Apr 17, 2008
By trajesh on Apr 17, 2008
v2 milestone 4 is now available for download, milestone 4 is the last
feature preview binary from the OpenPortal WSRP v2 project. The
OpenPortal WSRP is feature complete from the WSRP 2.0 spec perspective
by implementing all the mandatory and most of the optional features.
This milestone previews the following optional WSRP v2 features
- WSRP 2.0 CC/PP Capability
- WSRP 2.0 Leasing
- Registration Leasing
- Interoperability Fixes
Here are the links to the binary and documents associated with this
A. Binary download
B. OpenPortal WSRP documents:
Wednesday Mar 12, 2008
By trajesh on Mar 12, 2008
Checkout the following announcements on the release of a new milestone binary from OpenPortal WSRP Project.
- Project Announcement : OpenPortal WSRP version 2.0 milestone 3 now available or
- Blog on PortalPost .
This new milestone 3 supports the following feature set
- WSRP 2.0 getResource
- WSRP 2.0 Caching
- Markup Caching
- Expiration Markup Caching
- Validation Markup Caching
- Resource Caching
- Expiration Resource Caching
- Validation Resource Caching
- Tomcat 5.5 support
- Migrated code to the latest WSRP 2.0 schema
Pls note that the previous milestones have already provided the following WSRP version 2.0 feature sets.
- WSRP 2.0 Eventing.
- Shared/Public render parameters.
The above links also provides sample portlets and configuration instructions to try out these features. If you have questions on how to use the OpenPortal WSRP Project and
other comments/suggestions/requests, consider joining the email@example.com
Tuesday Feb 12, 2008
Friday Feb 01, 2008
By trajesh on Feb 01, 2008
- Tomcat version 5.5.25
- Metro version 1.1
- Portlet Container version 2.0 Beta 2 (2 Jan 2008 build)
- WSRP latest trunk binary.
Stay tuned to the OpenPortal WSRP aliases for more news related to automatic configuration soon.
Tuesday Jan 08, 2008
By trajesh on Jan 08, 2008
Here are the links to install and user guide.
The above WSRP binary works over the latest OpenPortal Portlet Container 2.0 beta 2 binary, checkout the following announcement with respect to OpenPortal Portlet Container binary. Here are some links to the Portlet Container documents
- Release Notes
- Installation Instructions
- Article: Understanding the Portlet Container 2.0 beta
- Screencast: How to deploy and test portlets using the Portlet Container
Stay tuned for future announcements on OpenPortal WSRP Project on other WSRP version 2.0 feature implementation, Please subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday Sep 20, 2007
By trajesh on Sep 20, 2007
OpenPortal WSRP 1.0 beta is now integrated into the Java Application Platform SDK Update 3 Beta release. The WSRP implementation provided over the OpenPortal Portlet Container 2.0 beta which is also available in the same Java Application Platform SDK bundle.
Here is the location to get all the details about this bundle ( download, release notes, install instructions, articles and more).
- Monitoring Liferay/Sun Web Space server
- WSRP 2.0 FCS binary
- OpenPortal WSRP as a Liferay Plugin
- Setting up a WSRP 2.0 Producer in Liferay or Websynergy
- OpenPortal WSRP 2.0 Beta
- Liferay consumes OpenPortal WSRP
- OpenPortal WSRP v2 milestone 4 now available for download
- OpenPortal WSRP 1.0 FCS binary download
- OpenPortal WSRP 2.0 interoperability
- WSRP 2.0 Resource serving and Caching