Thursday Mar 08, 2007
Wednesday Mar 07, 2007
By tra on Mar 07, 2007
Wednesday Feb 21, 2007
By tra on Feb 21, 2007
A nice recognition for Project Looking Glass contributions to advance 3D desktop GUI (and Vista :-) and building a platform-independent interface to the emerging 3D Web. If you haven't tried Looking Glass, please check the latest Looking Glass 1.0 Release. Easy to install and lot of good feedbacks from the OpenSUSE and Ubuntu Linux communities.
Thursday Feb 01, 2007
By tra on Feb 01, 2007
While everybody is talking about Web 2.0, a more silent revolution may be happening on the Web (so SL is trying to change this!) that may have a profound impact in the way we will be deploying and interacting with Web applications in the near future. Mich Wagner captured this fairly well in his article Virtual Worlds: The Next Big Thing Or Next Big Nothing?
"A generation of young people is growing up hacking and slashing their way through virtual worlds -- that's literally true in the case of World of Warcraft -- and they're going to expect a 3-D, virtual world interface for the rest of their online interaction."
As with new emerging technology the jury is still out, but a few big players like Sun and IBM are starting to take notice:
"There is something very human about visual interfaces. I almost think of text-based interfaces, including browsers, as 'narrowband' into our brains, whereas visual interfaces are 'broadband' into our brains."
So, dump your mouse, create your avatar, learn how to use a game pad (nice to be able to use both hands and more than three buttons finally :-) and join the 3D Web Virtual world with "broadband" interaction into your brain!
Wednesday Dec 20, 2006
- Nothing better than having your own customers market your product
- The Web 2.0 Identity Problem: Who are you really?
- Know I know Why Sunsets are Red :-)
- The Java Store: It is finally time to submit your free or paid apps!
- Connect Your Phone With Any Other Devices with JXTA
- Project SAXTA: An Eco-Friendly Distribution Network to View Earth Data
- The Network is You: It was Just a Matter of Time!
- Web 2.0 Developer Matter: Make Sure You Know Who Your Customers Are!
- The Semantic Web = A Smarter Web
- Finding what people are doing with your open-source technology? The JXTA Example