Solaris Express 7/04 out shortly
By Alan Hargreaves-Oracle on Jul 13, 2004
Just received the notification that the July release of Solaris Express should be available for download by July 14 and will be s10_60. When I say July 14, I do mean July 14 in the US, out here in Asia/Pacific the vagaries of timezones mean that it should be available by July 15.
Some of the new features for this release are:
- Streams Control Transmission Protocol
- New Functionality Introduced in Solaris Zones Software Partitioning Technology
- New Solaris Project and Resource Management Command Functionality
- New Functions for Converting Strings
- Java Support for pstack Command
- New Solaris Unicode locales
- USB End-User Device Support Enhancements (revised)
As has been the case for a while now, all documentation is available at http://docs.sun.com with no password.
Please also remember that the distribution is now three cd images, (1of3, 2of3 and 3of3) and that you will need them all to do an installation. The old CD0 is no more.
From comments I have gotten back from the Solaris on x86 mailing list, looks like it is available NOW. Certainly beats last month when it became available after the date I said.