Solaris Express 3/05 available March 29
By Alan Hargreaves-Oracle on Mar 29, 2005
Just saw the note saying that it will be available on Tuesday. As in the February build, Solaris Express is based on the current development code, currently called Nevada). This release is based on build 9.
You will now start to see bug fixes going into Nevada prior to backporting to the released versions of Solaris.
Some of the new stuff this month includes
- New plockstat arguments - see plockstat(1M) for -e, -n count, -v and -x.
- New lockstat argument - see lockstat(1M) for -x.
- Network Layer 7 Cache - completes the integration of the Network Cache Accelerator into the kernel by porting it's HTTP layer and object cache into sockfs.
- Kernel level atomic operations - see atomic_ops(9f).
- Added functionality to poolbind to execute a given command bound to trhe named pool (see poolbind(1M), specifically -e.
Technorati Tag: SolarisExpress