More progress on non-debug opensolaris builds

With the help of some folks on #opensolaris (thanks Keith Weslowski and Rich Lowe), I've tracked down what was happenning in my non-debug build, and managed to find out how it happened. I was starting to get concerned that perhaps something was not being propogated correctly or I had buggy code. The real answer was a lot simpler.

Doh!

My modified makebfu, which I built in the tonic-split workspace was installed in /opt/onbld/bin. Fair enough.

My opensolaris.sh environment file had -t specified in NIGHTLY_OPTIONS. This option says to use tools build from the local source tree.

Of course I hadn't propogated the new tool source into my opensolaris tree, so it didn't know to use the closed/root_i386-nd closed tree, so we got the wrong bins into the build.

I've just removed -t from the NIGHTLY_OPTIONS and kicked off another nightly. Hopefully this will solve the problems that I've seen.

Technorati Tags:

Comments:

Post a Comment:
Comments are closed for this entry.
About

* - Solaris and Network Domain, Technical Support Centre


Alan is a kernel and performance engineer based in Australia who tends to have the nasty calls gravitate towards him

Search

Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today
Links
Blogroll

No bookmarks in folder

Sun Folk

No bookmarks in folder

Non-Sun Folk
Non-Sun Folks

No bookmarks in folder