By Tor Norbye on Apr 20, 2007
It's been a busy month, and it's only going to get busier. Here are some public speaking events that are coming up - I hope you can make it to some of them:
- I will be speaking at the SD Forum Ruby Conference this weekend, at the San Jose tech museum, with JRuby developer Nick Sieger
- I have a technical session coming up at JavaOne, TS-9972, along with Martin Krauskopf who is developing the Ruby debugger for NetBeans. It's Thursday afternoon the week of JavaOne.
- I will also be speaking at NetBeans Day in a Ruby session along with JRuby developers Tom Enebo and Charlie Nutter
- The JavaPosse also has several appearances - there's our BOF Tuesday night at 10pm, we'll be the "lunch entertainment" at NetBeans Day, and we're also planning to do a live episode the following week at the Silicon Valley JUG.
- Finally, I was recently interviewed on the SDN channel regarding the NetBeans Ruby support. You can find the episode here (you can also subscribe to the SDN via iTunes, it's a video podcast). My segment is about 16 minutes into it, following sections on NetBeans 6 by Tim Boudreau and a Matisse demo by Roman Strobl.
P.S. Another demo tutorial for the NetBeans Ruby on Rails support was just published - it's here. Along with Roman's demo, these are now shipping as sample applications, so you can download the applications themselves and play with the bits.