NetBeans Ruby support interview
By Tor Norbye on Jul 24, 2007
Roman and Gregg interviewed me in the latest episode of the NetBeans podcast.
Here are the shownotes from Roman's blog:
- 0:00 Introduction and Tor's podcasting, he's also a podcaster at the Javaposse
- 2:30 What Tor has worked on at Sun: Java Studio Creator,
and the Ruby
- 5:00 Overview of Ruby features in the
- 7:25 Debugging Ruby
- 9:50 Rails support
- 10:51 Switching between Ruby implementations
- 11:49 Implementation of the type inference and code completion logic
- 17:10 Implementation of refactoring features
- 18:54 Features Tor wants to implement next
- 21:33 Community feedback
- 23:17 Why should Java developers look at Ruby?
- 26:38 Other Ruby development tools
- 29:49 A version of NetBeans IDE that just has Ruby support?
Check out this page on deadlock
- 32:16 Opportunities for contributors and cool features; check out the
- 34:55 Support for other dynamic languages.
Erlang IDE based
on Tor's code.