OpenSolaris 9/07 OpenAFS client with MIT Kerberos 5
By Tomas Mann on Mar 16, 2008
Posting my short notes about installing OpenAFS client to SXDE 9/07. They were made during OpenAFS client installation to x86 machine at the Department of informatics at the Univeristy of West Bohemia in Pilsen.
Biggest thank you to Petr Sobotka, who made SFE spec file for the client and that way enabled me to finish my task.
First you should read OpenAFS Quick Beginnings.
Then you'll need:
- JDS CBE (http://opensolaris.org/os/project/jds/contributing/building/) - I had to manually remove samba package from cbe-install and during installation I was asked for SXDE DVD and had to accept cc as a default compiler (at the machine there was a newer version then the installer expected)
- binary distribution of OpenAFS Solaris x86 client (http://www.openafs.org/release/1.4.6/index-solaris-x86-10.html)
- Spec File Extra (http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net/spec-files-extra/) - I had to touch default-copyright.txt in ext-sources/ folder afte svn-ing
- User with software installation permission
And now the fun beggins:
- set nologging opetion in /etc/vfstab
- pkgtool build --download SFEopenafs.spec
- became root
- make directories /usr/vice and /etc/vice/etc
- copy afs.rc from binary OpenAFS distribution (it's at root.client/usr/vice/etc/modload/afs.rc) to /etc/init.d/afs and chmod it to be executable
- copy library libafs.nofs.o (and maybe another one - depends on your system, for example amd64 etc. - see Quick Beginnings mentioned above) to /kernel/fs/afs
- run /etc/init.d/afs start - WARNING: it restarts the system!!!
- after reboot create CellServDB a ThisCell files at (oficially to /opt/openafs/etc/openfs but I had to make them at /usr/vice/etc) - if you encouter Error 22 then your CellServDB is wrong somehow
- make cache directory /usr/vice/cache
- configure the cache using echo "/afs:/usr/vice/cache/:50000" > /opt/openafs/etc/openafs/cacheinfo ; you will need cacheinfo in /usr/vice/etc too
- add -dynroot parameter to /etc/init.d/afs
- create /afs directory
- copy afsd from binary distrib. to /usr/vice/etc/afsd
- link /etc/init.d/afs to /etc/rc3.d/S99afs and the same file to /etc/rc0.d/K66afs
If you will need other files you can use those from OpenAFS binary distribution, excluding aklog for Kerberos 5 - you will get it using spec file.
I hope this will help you or at least will show you some light at the darkness. There might be error in the procedure, in that case I am sorry