Monday Jan 26, 2009
Sunday Aug 03, 2008
By Tirthankar on Aug 03, 2008
The first batch of Sun India CA induction program for 2008 was held last week at MSRIT, Bangalore. This was just after the Bangalore bomb blasts but thankfully all the CA's and organizers turned up. I had gone there as the unofficial photographer, interacting with the CA's and organizers.
Sun India Campus Ambassadors
Amit, Ganesh, Anil, Prabhit, Gary, Abhishek, Rajesh, Vijaya, Angad, Ankit
You can see the photographs taken by me here
Saturday Jun 14, 2008
By Tirthankar on Jun 14, 2008
On Thursday, I got an opportunity to meet with Shampavman. He is a Sun Campus Ambassador studying in 3rd year of engineering in JSS College Bangalore. He has developed a Live CD based on Belenix where all the contents are dumped to the RAM and the machine runs from the RAM. This speedens up the normal operations on the machine drastically. He gave me a demo on my laptop and I was thoroughly satisfied with the Xfce based system.
Booting up from the Live CD
BeleniX getting loaded in RAM
BeleniX from RAM
Here are some of the highlights of this new feature:
1. It is approximately 65% faster in comparison to a conventional installation through Live CD. It takes 10 minutes to install a 3.5Gb OS image, which previously used to take 30 minutes.
2. The CD/DVD drive is free. So you can use this to RAM based belinix to boot up your system and then pop out the CD and then use this device to watch a VCD or DVD.
3. No need to carry your laptop around for giving presentations. Most venues have a machine but most of the time it is not running Solaris. So simply pop in the RAM based belinix cd and then run the presentation from a USB pen drive.
4. You can read more about this new stuff here.
I am planning to do point 3 above for my presentation in NIT Warangal. I am going to run the presentation from the RAM based Belinix. Lets see how it goes. I will carry my laptop though (for backup )
- Code For Freedom 2008 Prize Distribution Ceremony
- President Lula at FISL 10
- FISL 10 Pictures
- High Availability and Virtualization at FISL 10
- High Availability: Today and Tomorrow
- Open HA Cluster 2009.06
- Getting Started with Open HA Clusters @ the OHAC summit
- Invitation to Students to attend Open HA Cluster Summit '09
- Mukti 2009
- CFF 2008 Project Proposal Evaluation has completed