Wednesday May 19, 2010
Tuesday May 18, 2010
By Acshorten-Oracle on May 18, 2010
Monday May 17, 2010
By Acshorten-Oracle on May 17, 2010
In Oracle Utilities Application Framework V4, we use the latest Oracle WebLogic release (11g). The instructions below illustrate a way of allowing a console like jconsole to remotely monitor and manage Oracle WebLogic using the JMX Mbeans.
Typically management of Oracle WebLogic is done from Oracle Enterprise Manager or the Oracle Weblogic console application but you can also use JMX.
To access the JMX capability for Oracle WebLogic 11g, for an Oracle Utilities Application Framework based product, using a JMX console (such as jconsole) the following process needs to be performed:
- Enable the JMX Management Server in the Oracle WebLogic console at splapp -> Configuration -> General -> Advanced Settings option. Enable both Compatibility Mbean Server Enabled and Management EJB Enabled (this enables the legacy and new JMX interface). Save the changes This change will require a restart.
- In the startup of the Oracle WebLogic server in the $SPLSYSTEMLOGS/myserver.log (or %SPLESYSTEMLOGS%\myserver.log on Windows) you will see the BEA-149512 message indicating the Mbean servers have been started. The message will indicate the JMX URL that can be used to access the JMX Mbeans. The URL is in the format:
host - Oracle WebLogic host name
port - Oracle WebLogic port number
mbeanserver - Mbean Server to access. Valid Values:
For illustrative purposes we will use the domainruntime Mbean.
- Ensure that you execute the splenviron[.sh] utility to set the appropriate environment variables for the desired environment.
- Execute the following jconsole command to initiate the connection to the JMX Mbean server
jconsole -J-Djava.class.path=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\jconsole.jar;%WL_HOME%\server\lib\wljmxclient.jar -J-Djmx.remote.protocol.provider.pkgs=weblogic.management.remote
jconsole -J-Djava.class.path=$JAVA_HOME/lib/jconsole.jar:$WL_HOME/server/lib/wljmxclient.jar -J-Djmx.remote.protocol.provider.pkgs=weblogic.management.remote
- You will see a New Connection Dialog. Specify the URL from the previous steps into the Remote process (i.,e. service:jmx:iiop...). The credentials are the credentials specified for the Oracle WebLogic console.
- You are now able to view the JMX classes available.
Here is an example from my demonstration machine:
Refer to the Oracle WebLogic Mbean documentation to understand the output.
Thursday May 13, 2010
By Acshorten-Oracle on May 13, 2010
Wednesday May 12, 2010
Tuesday May 11, 2010
By Acshorten-Oracle on May 11, 2010
By Acshorten-Oracle on May 11, 2010
Thursday Dec 17, 2009
By Acshorten-Oracle on Dec 17, 2009
Friday Dec 11, 2009
Tuesday Sep 22, 2009
Friday Apr 24, 2009
Friday Apr 17, 2009
Tuesday Apr 14, 2009
Hi, I am Anthony Shorten, I am the Principal Product Manager for the Oracle Utilities Application Framework. I have been working for over 20+ years in the IT Business and am the author of many a technical whitepaper, manual and training material. I am one of the product managers working on strategy and designs for the next generation of the technology used for the Utilities and Tax markets. This blog is provided to announce new features, document tips and techniques and also outline features of the Oracle Utilities Application Framework based products. These products include Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management, Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management and Oracle Public Service Revenue Management. I am the product manager for the Management Pack for these products.
- 2016 Oracle Utilities America’s Product Development Customer Advisory Board
- Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle Utilities 22.214.171.124.0 available
- Product vs Solution vs Infrastructure
- WS-Policy Support for IWS
- Optimizing Log levels in OUAF based applications
- The Oracle Flow Builder difference
- Oracle Functional/Load Testing Advanced Pack for Oracle Utilities 126.96.36.199.0 Released
- Channel Based Architectures
- Database Resource Plan Support
- Whitepaper List as at November 2015