Oracle Utilities Work And Asset Management (WAM) V18.104.22.168.0 has been released and is available from Oracle Delivery Cloud. This version is also based upon Oracle Utilities Application Framework V22.214.171.124.0 (also known as 4.3 SP4).
Included in this release are usability enhancements, an update to the Esri GIS Integration, Preventive Maintenance Event processing, and Construction Work Management.
With these new additions we are now able to support the full asset lifecycle, from design and construction to retirement, opening up the gas and electric distribution market. Construction Work Management adds the final piece to the Asset Lifecycle process.
- Asset Performance Management - The Asset Performance Management features have been enhanced to offer new ways to calculate Asset Health Index scores and to set up Preventive Maintenance triggers based on the Asset Health Index. We also offer integration points for third party predictive maintenance products to affect the Asset Health Index.
- Compatible Units - Compatible Units are job standards that can be used to provide consistency and assistance when creating work designs. Compatible Units can be created for either internal resources or for contractors.
- Construction Work Design - Work Designs are critical to utility distribution companies. The work design process leverages the compatible units to quickly scope and estimate the costs of work. You are able to create multiple versions to designs to compare various construction options such as overhead or underground work. You can also create design versions to compare contractor work. When you pick a design to execute, you are able to easily transition the work design into a work package without having to create new work orders from scratch.
- Construction Work Orders - Construction work orders differ from regular work orders because we are creating new assets rather than maintaining existing assets. A construction work order also manages Construction Work in Progress (CWIP) accounting to ensure the work in progress is accounted for correctly. The closeout process allows you to create new WAM assets to start their lifecycle in WAM and also creates the fixed asset property unit data to feed the corporate accounting system.
- "As Built" Reconciliation - One of the big challenges for organizations is the reconciliation of the work design to the actual construction. The actual construction work often diverges from the estimate due to the wide variety of variables that occur on a project. WAM v2.2 offers a full reconciliation process to allow you to revise the values of assets, move costs between construction and maintenance accounts, review and adjust property unit valuation, and provides support for mass asset valuations.
PM Event Processing - You can now package up a group of work templates into a PM Event and trigger that event as a group rather than one work template at a time. This can be used for outage work or any repetitive work that requires multiple work orders to be created.
Esri GIS Integration - The user experience of the Esri GIS Integration was completely revised to provide a more intuitive experience. Esri mapviewer components are directly integrated into the Work and Asset Management product. Customers can publish any map component as an Esri Web Map and enroll that Web Map into WAM. This includes feature layer maps as well as any thematic maps or metrics that customers choose to publish.