Updated Technical Best Practices
By Acshorten-Oracle on Dec 13, 2011
As part of the regular update of the whitepapers the Technical Best Practices for Oracle Utilities Application Framework Based Products (Doc Id: 560367.1) available from My Oracle Support has been updated and published with new and updated advice.
The whitepaper now includes the following new advice:
- Disabling protocols - With the implementation of HTTPS the non-secure protocols can be disabled.
- Overriding testing dates - How to override the date used by the system for testing purposes.
- Transaction Timeouts - How to implement transaction timeouts.
- Updated network guidelines - Guidelines for virtualization and clustering included.
- How to include additional java command line options - How to implement additional java facilities.
- XPath memoty management - New settings for memory management
- Service Timings - How to send service timing information to the log files.
- Monitoring Database Connections - Additional advice on how to monitor database connections
- RAC Support - Steps to implementing RAC JDBC setting in the product