Updated Technical Best Practices
By ACShorten on Dec 13, 2011
As part of the regular update of the whitepapers the Technical Best Practices for Oracle Utilities Application Framework Based Products (Doc Id: 560367.1) available from My Oracle Support has been updated and published with new and updated advice.
The whitepaper now includes the following new advice:
- Disabling protocols - With the implementation of HTTPS the non-secure protocols can be disabled.
- Overriding testing dates - How to override the date used by the system for testing purposes.
- Transaction Timeouts - How to implement transaction timeouts.
- Updated network guidelines - Guidelines for virtualization and clustering included.
- How to include additional java command line options - How to implement additional java facilities.
- XPath memoty management - New settings for memory management
- Service Timings - How to send service timing information to the log files.
- Monitoring Database Connections - Additional advice on how to monitor database connections
- RAC Support - Steps to implementing RAC JDBC setting in the product