Software Configuration Management Series Updated
By ACShorten on Jun 17, 2013
A series of whitepapers has been available for Oracle Utilities Application Framework for the last few releases that deals with Software Configuration Management. This is a broad set of topics that cover aspects of managing code, data and environments in an implementation. These documents have been updated to reflect the latest advice and new facilities available within the Oracke Utilities Application Framework to handle this information.
The documents cover the following topics:
- Concepts - General concepts and introduction.
- Environment Management - Principles and techniques for creating and managing environments.
- Version Management - Integration of Version control and version management of configuration items. Updated to include mode information about revision control.
- Release Management - Packaging configuration items into a release. Updated to include advice around Configuration Migration Assistant.
- Distribution - Distribution and installation of releases across environments. Updated to include advice around Configuration Migration Assistant.
- Change Management - Generic change management processes for product implementations.
- Status Accounting - Status reporting techniques using product facilities. Updated to include advice around Configuration Migration Assistant.
- Defect Management - Generic defect management processes for product implementations.
- Implementing Single Fixes - Discussion on the single fix architecture and how to use it in an implementation.
- Implementing Service Packs - Discussion on the service packs and how to use them in an implementation.
- Implementing Upgrades - Discussion on the the upgrade process and common techniques for minimizing the impact of upgrades.
The documents are available from My Oracle Support at Doc Id: 560401.1.