Software Configuration Management Whitepapers updated
By Acshorten-Oracle on Mar 23, 2011
As part of the regular documentation updates, the Software Configuration Management series of whitepapers are available from My Oracle Support at KB Id: 560401.1. This series of documents covers the various aspects of managing environments, code and data in a product implementation involving Oracle Utilities Application Framework.
The whitepapers in this series include:
- Concepts - General concepts and introduction.
- Environment Management - Principles and techniques for creating and managing environments.
- Version Management - Integration of Version control and version management of configuration items. Now includes Revision Control.
- Release Management - Packaging configuration items into a release. Now includes Bundling.
- Distribution - Distribution and installation of releases across environments
- Change Management - Generic change management processes for product implementations.
- Status Accounting -Status reporting techniques using product facilities.
- Defect Management - Generic defect management processes for product implementations.
- Implementing Single Fixes - Discussion on the single fix architecture and how to use it in an implementation.
- Implementing Service Packs - Discussion on the service packs and how to use them in an implementation.
- Implementing Upgrades - Discussion on the the upgrade process and common techniques for minimizing the impact of upgrades. Now includes a checklist to assist
These documents have been updated for the latest advice as well as the latest version of the Oracle Utilities Application Framework (v4.1). The whitepaper offers advice for all versions of the Oracle Utilities Application Framework.
At the time of publication the whitepaper is applicable for the following products:
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care And Billing (V2 and above)
- Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management (V2 and above)
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management (V2 and above)
- Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway (V2 and above)
- Oracle Utilities Business Intelligence (all versions)
- Oracle Enterprise Taxation Management (all versions)
- Oracle Enterprise Taxation and Policy Management (all versions)
- Oracle Revenue Management and Billing for Banking (all versions)
- Oracle Revenue Management and Billing for Insurance (all versions)