New Batch Configuration Wizard (BatchEdit) available
By ACShorten on Jul 02, 2014
A new configuration facility is available s part of Oracle Utilities Application Framework V126.96.36.199.0 called Batch Edit. One of the concerns customers and partners asked us to address is to make configuration of the batch architecture simpler and less error prone. A new command line utility has been introduced to allow customers to quickly and easily implement a robust technical architecture for batch. The feature provides the following:
- A simple command interface to create and manage configurations for clusters, threadpools and submitters in batch.
- A set of optimized templates to simplify configuration but also promote stability amongst configurations. Complex configurations can be error prone which can cause instability. These templates, using optimal configurations from customers, partners and Oracle's own performance engineer group, attempt to simply the configuration process, whilst supporting flexibility in configuration to cover implementation scenarios.
- The cluster interface supports multi-cast and unicast configurations and adds a new template optimized for single server clusters. The single server cluster is ideal for use in non-production situations such as development, testing, conversion and demonstrations. The cluster templates have been optimized to support advanced facilities in Oracle Coherence to use the high availability and optimize network operations
- The threadpoolworker interface allows implements to configure all the attributes from a single interface including for the first the the ability to create cache threadpools. These special type of threadpoolworker dod not run submitters but allow implementations to reduce the network overheads for individual components communicating across a cluster. They provide a mechanism for Coherence to store and relay state of all the components in a concentrated format and also serve as a convenient conduit for the Global JMX capability.
- The submitter interface allows customers and implementors to create global and job specific properties files.
- Tagging is supported in the utility to allow groups of threadpools and submitters to share attributes.
- The utility provides helpful context sensitive help for all its functions, parameters and configurations with advanced help also available.
Over the next few weeks I will be publishing articles highlighting features and functions of this new facility.