Framework V4.1 Group Fix 3 now available
By Acshorten-Oracle on Dec 19, 2011
Group Fix 3 is now available for Oracle Utilities Application Framework V4.1 products as Patch 13068991 from My Oracle Support.
Note: Customers of Oracle Enterprise Taxation and Policy Management V2.3.x should not install this Group Fix until patch 13493201 is available. Failure to install this patch after Group Fix 3 may result in unexpected behavior.
The Group Fix contains the latest fixes for the product as well as the following enhancements:
- Script Engine Version 3 - A new script engine has been introduced to support the latest standards as well as provide performance improvements on previous engine versions. Whilst the engine is essentially backward compatible with Script Engine Version 2, it is recommended that customers test individual scripts for compatibility purposes.
- View XSD in Schema - It is now possible to view schemas for Business Objects, Business Services, Data Areas and Service Scripts in XSD format for interface purposes.
- Effective Date Flattening - As in the last set of Group Fixes, we have introduced the ability to flatten some group structures. It is now possible to flatten the group by effective date.
- Security Compliance - As with all Oracle products security is critical to all products. On an ongoing basis we provide a series of fixes to strengthen security based upon regular internal assessments and customer feedback. A number of security enhancements have been included in the Group Fix.
- Generate UI Maps dynamically - In past Group Fixes, extra schema tags were added to allow definition of UI styles on elements. It is now possible to dynamically use those tags with new statements to dynamically generate screens without the need to build a UI map.
- Debug enhancements - The debug facility for developers has been enhanced to highlight key information on display.
- Support for XSD Date time format - Traditionally the products uses the internal ISO format for date processing. It is now possible for interfaces to use the XSD standard date time format.
For full details of these enhancements and the fixes supplied with the Group Fix, refer to the Release Notes and individual PFD documents supplied with the Group Fix download.
Note: Group Fix 1 and Group Fix 2 are prerequisites for this Group Fix to be installed.