Framework V4.1 Group Fix 2 has been released
By ACShorten on Oct 25, 2011
I have been away the last few weeks enjoying the sun and surf and while I have been away another Group Fix (Group FIx 2) has been released as Patch 12874623.
The group is a rollup of all the fixes and a number of enhancements released since Group Fix 1.
The enhancements in this release are summarized as follows:
- Row Cache Locking improvements (12880629) - The random number generator used for random indentifiers has been enhanced to improve performance of generating keys from the Java to COBOL interface.
- Rowcounts on Zones (12883848) - It is now possible to display a rowcount field to the F1-DE, F1-DE-QUERY, F1-DESINGLE and F1-DE-MULQRY zone types.
- Transaction Timeout Limit (ER 254) - It is now possible to implement a tranaction level based time limit for SQL statements.
- Move By Name API (12821483) - It is now possible to copy XML fragments within Configuration Objects using Move By Name to improve performance of code.
- Additional Encrytion on Sensitive Data (12941275) - A new field encryption/decrpyption API has been added to support column level encryption.
- Support for Null Columns (ER 326) - It is now possible to use null columns for non-key fields in customizations.
- Support for List Flattening (ER 381) - It is now possible to filter lists within schemas and to allow multiple distinct filters.
- Logout Issues (12566205/12632016) - Under specific conditions when using AppViewer and IBM WebSphere may cause the logout functionality to fail. This has been resolved.
- Lifecycle Business Object Changes (12705234) - A set of miscellanous fixes to ensure the business object summary zone displays correctly in the browser.
The group fix includes a release note outlining more than the above and individual product fix documents (PFD's) for these enhancements as well as other bugs delivered with the product.