Framework 4 Features: Miscellaenous Zone Enhancements
By Acshorten-Oracle on Jun 21, 2010
In Oracle Utilities Application Framework V4 a number of Zone enhancements have been added to provide additional functionality:
- Configurable Zone refresh - By default, all zones in a portal are refreshed at the same time no matter their content or function. In Oracle Utilities Application Framework V4 it is now possible to configure each zone within a portal to have a different refresh interval (in seconds).
- Configurable default zone position - By default, the relative position of a zone in a portal is configured at the user level. While this is flexible, some sites want to be able to set a default layout at a portal level to reduce configuration time and also support standard configurations. It is still
possible for individual users to alter the default layout for individual optimization, if configured to do so. This enhancement allows sites to alter the layout of base package portals
- Hiding of portal for customization/Locking portals - This enhancement allows administrators the ability to hide portals from customization. This enhancement coupled with the configurable default zone position enhancement, allows sites to setup standard portals that are maintained globally rather than at the user level.
- ADF Zone type - Oracle has its own Application Development Framework (ADF) used for Fusion applications as well as developing custom applications. It is now possible to build ADF zones using Oracle JDeveloper and integrating those zones within the Oracle Utilities Application Framework portals using a new zone type (ADF).
- Intelligent Zone Refresh - By default, if a context value attached to a zone in a portal changes, and is broadcast using the broadcast functionality, all zones in the portal are refreshed. In Oracle Utilities Application Framework V4, only the zones in the portal, where the changed context value applies, will be refreshed.
These enhancements allow sites to setup zones and extend existing them to meet their users needs.