By Acshorten-Oracle on Oct 22, 2015
The latest release of the Oracle Functional/Load Testing Advanced Pack for Oracle Utilities is now available from the Oracle Delivery Cloud. This is the new version of a testing accelerator available for Oracle Utilities products.
The tool allows implementations to reduce testing time significantly by:
- Provide a prebuilt multi-product component library representing the scope of testing in an implementation. This component library can be used in Oracle Flow Builder.
- Allow implementations to model business processes for verification by supporting the building of flows inside Oracle Flow Builder. This means business processes can be orchestrated instead of built using a programming resource. Flows can be reused for different testing scenarios and are built independently of the data used.
- Allow implementations to attach databanks in the form of direct input, CSV files or Excel Spreadheets.
- Generate the testing script for use in OpenScript, Oracle Test Manager or Oracle Load Testing. This is generated not developed. Again data can be attached at generation time or even post generation.
The testing accelerator consists of the following:
- A comprehensive library of testing components that have been prebuilt and precertified for Oracle Utilities products in one pack. These components contain interface logic, prevalidations, preverifications and logic to test a particular feature of the product. These components are the same components used by our product Quality Assurance. We ship components for the following products:
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing V22.214.171.124.0
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management V126.96.36.199.x
- Oracle Real Time Scheduler V188.8.131.52.x
- Oracle Utilities Work And Asset Management V2.1.x
- Oracle Utilities Application Framework V184.108.40.206.x
- We will be adding the following products in the 220.127.116.11.0 release in late November (subject to approvals):
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing V18.104.22.168.0
- Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management V2.1.x
- Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway (all adapters) V2.1.x
- Oracle Utilities Operational Device Management V2.1.x
- A set of utilities to allow implementations and partners to generate and verify custom components for any functionality not covered by the shipped components. These components have the same structure and features of the shipped components but cover any custom tables, custom structure etc you implemented. These custom components are then available in the component library.
- As set of sample flows to illustrates the components and their use. These samples can be run against the standard demonstration set of data for training purposes.
- A set of documentation covering installation, best practices and component library information.
The testing accelerator has the following features:
- Component based approach that are service based. This isolates testing from changes to the user interface. This means reduction in maintaining testing scripts as any screen changes will be covered by the service based component.
- Components cover online, web services and batch components.
- Components will be shipped with each new release of supported products including service packs.
- Customers who have validations in the user interface, which is not usually recommended from an architectural point of view, can use Oracle Application Testing Suite's user interface component generator to add the user interface based component to the library.
- Components can be cloned and altered or generated from our meta data using our component builder.
- Components can be grouped into Component Groups to support re usability across flows.
- Flows map your business processes and can support multiple scenarios.
- Flows can cross product boundaries and even across pack boundaries. This means if you have more than one Oracle Utilities product, flows can be built that cover all the Oracle Utilities products involved in a business process, including integrations. This extends to other OATS packs such as Oracle eBusiness Suite etc..For example, it is possible to construct a flow that tests the acceptable of a payment, its processing through your payment processing and tracked to the ERP records in your general ledger.
- We supply components to communicate testing results. By default, we supply components that summarize the outcomes from a flow. This can be altered to send more information, send information to alternative locations or even send results to third party testing tools.
- Data for databanks can entered natively against the components (with intelligent defaulting), from a CSV based file or even a spreadsheet.
- Flows are generated into Openscript with databanks without the need for any additional programming. It is possible to use OpenScript to add new functionality, if desired, but it is not required.
- When the script is generated, the databank is separated out, as a CSV, to allow implementations to use alternative databanks without the need for regeneration.
- The generated script can be executed from the OpenScript runtime in Eclipse or command line. It can also be executed via the Oracle Test Manager (optional) or Oracle Load Testing (optional).
- Generated test scripts can be imported into Oracle Load Testing for load and performance testing. This requires a Load testing license and a license for the Load Controller.
We see the Testing accelerator as a key option for our Oracle Utilities products that will allow our customers to go live or upgrade much quicker with lower risk and lower cost.
Oracle Functional/Load Testing Advanced Pack is available from Oracle Delivery Cloud today.