Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 Beta - Now Available!
By Terri Wischmann on Jul 27, 2011
The Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 Beta release is now available for download!
We are excited to launch the Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 Beta Program. Key focus areas for this release include performance, reliability and developer productivity.
Accelerates Application Performance:
- Compiler and library optimizations for the newest Oracle Sun Enterprise Servers
- SPARC-based systems (incl. SPARC T4): accelerates application performance up to 3x over gcc, with up to a 40% boost over Sun Studio 12
- x-86 based systems: delivers application performance up to 1.5x over gcc and up to 20% faster than Sun Studio 12
Improves Application Observability:
- Code Analyzer (New): improves application reliability by identifying common coding and memory access errors
- Performance Analyzer: application concurrency graphs and multi-process application profiling
Enhances Developer Productivity:
- Development of Oracle Solaris application via remote access from a Windows desktop
- Oracle Pro*C & OCI/OCCI Database development in Solaris Studio IDE
- Updated support for key open source runtime libraries, including BOOST and Apache C++
- Build applications up to 20% faster than Studio 12.2 and up to 20% reduction in debug information size
Available for Solaris and Linux operating systems, including Solaris 11 Express and Oracle Linux
- Beta Readme: lists systems requirements, instructions for installation, and new/updated features in this release
- Code Analyzer Tutorial: new tutorial, with sample source code, on using the Code Analyzer to produce high-quality software